The following is a complete outline of the version history of Blubrry PowerPress from August 11, 2008, through April 4, 2021. For the latest version history, please see the PowerPress Changelog page on WordPress.org.
- Released 04/14/2021
- Fixed Create New Episode button for Post Type feeds
- Fixed soon-to-be broken assets2.blubrry.com links
- Small bugfixes
- Released 04/08/2021
- Accept JSON uploads in episode box
- Small bugfix for PHP strpos error in feed auth
- Remove unnecessary link in migrate area
- Released 03/26/2021
- Remove broken YouTube link from readme
- Released 03/12/2021
- Podcast Index namespace-related bugfix
- Released 03/12/2021
- Podcast Index namespace-related bugfix
- Released 03/10/2021
- Bugfix–added Podcast Index namespace
- Released 03/10/2021
- Added settings for Podcast Index tags: locked, location, funding, transcript, chapters
- Several small bug fixes
- Released 01/13/2021
- Fixed a bug in the Blubrry account linking
- Released 12/22/2020
- Added destinations for JioSaavn, Gaana, and Podchaser
- Added destinations to the rawvoice:subscribe tag in the feed
- Released 12/08/2020
- Tested with WordPress version 5.6
- Added query string so as to circumvent server caching when grabbing Blubrry shows associated to account
- Updated readme with up-to-date information about the plugin
- Released 11/30/2020
- Fixed CSRF security vulnerabilities inside the new login
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities in metamarks function
- Replaced deprecated wp_make_content_images_responsive with wp_filter_content_tags
- Fixed a bug that was causing the text color to be white in the Title input in post editor
- Released 11/17/2020
- Re-ordered destinations to better integrate new Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Updated the episode box so that if validation is skipped, the user doesn’t have to click Edit Media to edit
- No longer forcing Apple or Google icons in any locations
- Made an adjustment for the modern Blubrry icon–was getting cut off on Chrome for Mac
- Fixed text in amazon music subscribe link under player–previously said “Blubrry”
- Released 11/6/2020
- Fixed text in podcast index subscribe link under player–previously said “Blubrry”
- Re-added Unlink option if there is an error in Connected to Blubrry Account menu
- Released 11/5/2020
- Added subscribe links for Podcast Index
- Fixed a JS error
- Released 10/29/2020
- Refactored sprites so new icons would show up
- Deleted leftover code that was tagging PowerPress Network as its own plugin
- Released 10/29/2020
- Network Mode setting renamed to Multi-Program Mode
- Added Destinations for Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Merged PowerPress Network plugin into PowerPress
- Switched Blubrry authentication method to oauth2
- Released 10/08/2020
- Fixed a security vulnerability concerning image uploads
- Small bugfix so that welcome tab of settings page shows the correct feed info
- Released 08/31/2020
- Fixed a bug that was displaying subscribe links that had not been set
- Fixed a couple bugs that were throwing PHP errors
- Released 08/24/2020
- Fixed a bug in the player settings tab that was messing with episode artwork setting
- Re-added ‘Disable Blubrry Stats in Dasboard’ option, into Advanced Settings
- Fixed a jQuery bug
- Released 08/11/2020
- Small bugfix
- Tested with WordPress 5.5 beta
- Released 07/01/2020
- Added Farsi language
- Small CSS fixes
- Stopped showing general ‘feeds’ settings for custom feeds
- Fixed a bug where the Subscription Links Under Player setting wasn’t saving
- Released 06/03/2020
- Styled news items in WP Dashboard
- Fixed a bug where artwork settings weren’t saving properly
- Fxied bug where player link options would not save correctly
- Released 06/02/2020
- Added a check in the welcome page so that if there are >1000 posts, powerpress won’t query all of them
- Added the Save button back to Audio Player, Video Player, and MP3 Tags Settings pages which it had been removed from
- Started using WordPress functions to link JS code, as tags were causing an issue
- Released 06/01/2020
- Bug fix to artwork upload in Settings
- Released 06/01/2020
- Fresh new appearance for PowerPress settings tabs
- Now, helpful info about your show and its progress appear at the top of the Welcome tab
- Destinations-related settings consolidated to the Destinations tab
- Podcast SEO and Advanced Settings are now within the Settings tabs
- Released 04/29/2020
- Entry Box Settings are back–this time, find them by clicking the gear in the upper right of the entry box
- The Permalinks setting has been moved from the Website tab in Settings to the new Entry Box Settings
- Fixed a bug from 8.2.10 where media couldn’t be removed from a post
- Fixed a bug where “Verify” error messages were not showing up in the right spot
- Released 04/23/2020
- Update design for episode box–media URL section and Remove Episode moved
- Artwork previews now will use default images rather than broken ones
- Fixed a compatibility issue with older php versions
- Released 04/03/2020
- Corrected a typo in Non-Profit Apple category
- Fixed bug with PodPress data clobbering an already imported episode in certain circumstances.
- Added logic to handle importing with all supported Blubrry media URLs.
- Released 3/30/2020
- Tested with new WordPress 5.4 beta
- Subscribe on Email is now toggled by the checkbox in the Settings tab
- Fixed a bug where Apple category tags with no subcategory were not generated correctly
- Released 3/20/2020
- Stopped filling a default season number
- Started displaying all of PowerPress to new installs so that the Settings link isn’t broken on the Plugins page
- Fixed a bug where GUIDs were not preserved on import for some feeds with newer versions of WordPress
- Added the dark theme again which was mistakenly removed from the minified CSS file
- Deleted notification about Apple’s category changes
- Fixed a number of small CSS problems
- Released 3/4/2020
- Fixed a bug that was messing with some users’ season numbers
- Added an option in Settings to display the whole episode box (as opposed to verifying the media link before allowing any metadata to be entered)
- Fixed a bug that was being caused by translated characters
- Corrected the powerpress player shortcode in the episode box
- Fixed some smaller bugs dealing with the functionality of the tabs and the artwork preview for multiple categories
- Released 2/20/2020
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the explicit setting from saving
- Released 2/18/2020
- Minified CSS files for faster loading times
- Consolidated CSS classes and gave them more unique names so as to avoid conflict with other plugins
- Added the ability for PowerPress to remember the season of the last episode published and put this as a default value in this field for new posts
- Made poster image setting visible to all
- Released 2/13/2020
- Added Remove Episode option back into episode box
- Fixed a bug where title input wasn’t showing up (for users who had selected to specify an episode title)
- Season value is now allowed to be empty
- Added a label for the explicit setting
- Fixed a bug where the settings for the player size weren’t showing up for video media
- Released 2/12/2020
- Tweaked id3 library so as to prevent php compatibility errors
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error in the subscribe widget
- Slight CSS tweaks
- Released 2/11/2020
- Fixed editor detection–now styling/responsiveness will accommodate for classic editor
- Fixed a bug where the .js file wasn’t getting loaded for everyone
- Fixed a bug that would reload the page when a “View More”-type link was clicked
- Released 2/10/2020
- Eliminated Episode tab–whole episode box appears
- New interface with multiple tabs and cleaner, clearer settings
- Media link is now verified automatically
- Updated id3 library to be compatible with PHP 7.4
- Released 1/17/2020
- Now, if users define(‘POWERPRESS_NO_REMOVE_WP_HEAD’), links will not be removed from webpage head
- Updated readme to reflect that PowerPress is compatible with the most recent version of WordPress
- Added images that were missing in the Getting Started section
- Eliminated Simple Mode
- Replaced Simple Mode with a Getting Started section which shows up the first time someone opens PowerPress
- Getting Started includes feed info settings, feed import, and media migration
- Getting Started can also be revisited at any time
- Added trim call for ajax returns in case website is sending extra new lines due to a theme or plugin
- Now using the latest media detection library (getid3) in WordPress
- Released on 11/15/2019
- Added titles to iframes so as to be compliant with ADA
- Made a styling tweak in the subscribe shortcode
- Now, all three Apple categories will show up regardless of whether they are set
- Users can no longer hide certain ios11 settings in their Tools tab
- Released on 10/24/2019
- Brought back the ability to render black subscribe buttons using
- Improved custom CSS setting so that !important tags could be stripped from subscribe sidebar widgets (Thanks Bree @lifesgood for pointing out the problem)
- Feed Landing Page URL setting can now be set for the default podcast feed (Thanks Daniel for the suggestion)
- Next week, we will release an update to Blubrry’s Media uploader to work better within PowerPress so that it is more accessible with text reading software such as JAWS and ZoomText (Thanks Gary for helping us!)
- Added support for the WPML plugin (Thanks David and Bobby from WPML!)
- Configured Websub publish API call timeout to 3 seconds.
- Released on 10/09/2019
- Fixed submit links for iHeartRadio, Deezer, and Pandora
- Deleted Google Play Image settings
- Released on 10/7/2019
- New Subscribe Destinations added:
** Deezer – Anyone can now submit their podcast to Deezer with just a blubrry.com account. Learn more
** Pandora – Submit your podcast to Pandora
** iHeart – Submit your podcast to iHeart radio.
- New Subscribe button styling options!!!
** Buttons now use an SVG sprite, providing a small footprint while being optimized for retina displays. Subscribe buttons have never been so crisp!
** There is a new “Modern” color scheme, with the traditional square or new rounded corners.
** Subscribe Widget can now be configured horizontally for use in horizontal widget areas.
- Added an option to remove !important and text-align left styling to subscribe buttons.
- Switched the
plugin_action_linksfilter to use
array_pushfunction call to avoid notice messages when another plugin or theme converts the links array to a string.
- Fixed bug since recent update to WordPress where the default feed had the word feed in the URL twice. (Thanks Daniel for pointing out the issue!)
- Released on 8/30/2019
- Apple category “After Shows” updated.
- Now using the https version for (castfeedvalidator.com)[https://castfeedlivadator.com] when clicking validate for feeds.
- CastFeedValidator diagnoses problems with your feed that could be preventing your episodes from reaching listeners. There are four phases of testing, performing more than 100 checks on your feed�s various components.
- Added class .blubrryplayer to the iframe for the Blubrry Player, for styling purposes.
- Released on 7/31/2019
- Fixed bug for older versions of PHP with WebSub, service to notify Google Podcasts of new episodes.
- Released on 7/25/2019
- Fixed logic bug introduced in 7.5 for sites using versions of PHP 5.4 or older.
- Added code changes to Blubrry Hosting’s Post to Social from PowerPress feature. (Last beta release of this feature!)
- Released on 7/23/2019
- Added library for PubSubHubbub. Missed it when merging latest git release into wordpress.org svn. Sorry about that!
- Released on 7/23/2019
- Added new Apple categories announced in July. The new Apple Categories will be made available on Apple Podcasts mid August, 2019.
- Added Multi-program Blubrry Podcast Hosting, perfect for Category podcasting.
- Added Update Google PubSubHubbub, lets Google Podcasts and other podcast directory services when your podcast publishes new episodes.
- Added support for various languages to podcast as including “Thai” and “Vietnamese”.
- Releasd on 6/21/2019
- Fixed bug introduced in last update that calculated the total number of episodes when viewing podcasts in channels and post types in PowerPress admin. (Thanks @edzila60610 for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed all mentions of Google+. (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed notice message getting cut off for the “Clear Plugins Update Cache” option under “Tools”. (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Added option
archive=”true” for the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to allow for the shortcode to be added to archive/category pages.
- Released on 6/12/2019
- Updated labels for Subscribe buttons and links in admin.
- Note: Apple has announced the end of life for iTunes desktop (except for Windows). PowerPress will be removing iTunes desktop specific features where they conflict with the Apple Podcasts iOS app.
- Enhanced iTunes summary updated, optimized for latest iOS podcasts app. It is now designed for Apple Podcasts iOS app rather than for iTunes desktop. (Thanks Robin for your assistance!)
- Force feed discovery on homepage only to use default podcast feed for Google Search.
- Fixed bug with deleting media files hosted on Blubrry Podcast hosting.
- Fixed bug with posts with revisions being part of the total number of episodes when viewing podcast feeds in PowerPress settings.
- Fixed bug with skipto position time not getting included in feed show notes. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Released on 4/26/2019
T_FUNCTIONbug for PHP 5.2 (not an issue if you have PHP 5.3 or newer)
- Released on 4/10/2019
- Added logic to authentication email addresses differently for premium password protected podcasts.
- Added support for YoastSEO and Google Podcasts (Thanks @sunkast for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed use of
create_functionto fix damaged serialized data created by the old PodPress plugin. (Thanks @oilmanmag and Dimitris for bringing to our attention!)
esc_attr()bug with podpress import.
- Added Tamil (ta) as a podcast feed language option. Thanks KT for requesting! If you do not see your language pelase contact us we will add it!
- Changed feed join query to solve conflict with the Affiliate Disclosure Pro plugin. (Thanks @ndnakashima for bringing to our attention!)
- New functionality for Taxonomy podcasting and the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode (Thanks @tristanmason for testing!)
- Fixed taxonomy bugs with the playlist player shortcodes (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- PowerPress playlist player can now be ordered in ascending order with attribute order=”asc” (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- Fixed bug with skipto shortcode leaving a blank value in feeds. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Skipto timestamp now uses the timestamp exactly as you entered it as the label as long as it has at least one colon to separate minutes from seconds.
- Fixed bug for post type podcasting in the situation where there can be multiple post types for blog posts or pages. (Thanks @shawnogordo for the bug fix!)
- Released on 10/03/2018
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode, quickly skip to a position in your audio episodes from your show notes. e.g.
- MEW: Emoji in show notes! You can now enter Emoji characters into the show notes to appear in podcast apps. Enable option in Feed settings tab. Previously WordPress converst Emoji to images which are not displayed in podcast apps. Learn more
- Added option to override the Google Podcasts subscribe URL.
- Enhanced VideoObject, a feature in Podcasting SEO.
- Improved base64 encoding Google Podcasts Subscribe URLs. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the heads up!)
- Removed option
Append show title to episode titlesper request from Apple.
- Released on 07/10/2018
- Spotify and Google Podcasts subscribe links added to Destinations.
- PowerPress users using Blubrry Podcast Hosting may now submit shows to Spotify!
- Added PodcastMirror setting, a modern alternative to FeedBurner. Learn more about PodcastMirror at podcastmirror.com
- Converted loop logic from each() to foreach() for PHP 7.3+ / 8.0+ compatibility.
- Improved logic for playlist player to appear better when certain settings are not set.
- Moved the enqueue script (‘jquery-ui-tabs’) logic so it only loads in the powerpress admin pages. (Thanks @keenanpayne for the code change!)
- Added define option
POWERPRESS_POSTTYPE_MIXING, when set to true podcast channels for the default podcast feed will mix all post types of type post with the default podcast feed. (Thanks @eos-rose for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 12/13/2017
- Added code to allow customization of Blubrry player style and colors.
- Added code to set no-cache headers in AJAX calls.
- Updated code to fixed bug where new iTunes episode title field may not save with some web hosting platforms using mod security with PHP 5.x. (Thanks @glark, Karren, and others for helping us fix the issue!)
- Changed the menu slug name for editing PowerPress settings.
- Removed safe mode logic for older versions of PHP. (Thanks @BrentO for reporting)
- Added logic to support feeds with bbpress. (Thanks @mubashiriqbal for bringing to our attention!)
- Added missing argument for get_post_type_object() in powerpress-subscribe (Thanks John for bring to our attention)
- Added disable iOS 11 field options under tools to help diagnose issue with some websites that show a 404 page when editing settings since the iOS11 fields were introduced.
- Changed the names of the new iOS11 fields that were getting caught by Mod Security for some users.
- Fixed bug with Taxonomy podcasting statistics redirects not being compatible with versions of WordPress older than 4.5 (Thanks @fmnowling for bringing to our attention!)
- iTunes Maximizer option 11+ older episodes now includes the iTunes summary by default to reflect changes with iOS11. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the suggestion!)
- Fixed link to powerpress translation page which was returning 404
- Added CastFeedValidator.com links for validating podcast feeds.
- Added Hindi and Punjabi to list of Podcast feed langauges (Thanks @blueblast for requesting the languages to be added)
- Released on 08/24/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from bug fixes listed.
- BETA COMING SOON: PowerPress 7.2 Beta will be available within 24-72 hours. Please visit https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-beta/ for more details.
- Added logic to prevent the W3 Total Cache plugin from minifying podcast feeds. (Thanks @allimaple for bringing to our attention)
- Fixed warning messages in the getid3 library so they comply with PHP 7.1+. (Thanks @mahe for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed error verifying URLs for file formats not supported by iTunes.
- Feed import now compatible with Spreaker podcast feeds.
- Added code when including the subscribe CSS file to make sure it’s always included with various WordPress updates (Thanks Tim for the code fix!)
- Added checkbox in Blubrry Player configuration for making iTunes Episode image use optional with player. Unchecked by default.
- Released on 7/11/2017
- Added support for iOS 11!
- iTunes type added, specify episodic or serial for your podcast program (for iOS 11).
- iTunes episode title, number, season and type added for your episodes (for iOS 11).
- Subscribe on iTunes changed to Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, links have been enhanced to highlight episodes.
- Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting and HTTPS: Media URLs are now automatically converted to HTTPS.
- Added compatibility for the SG CachePress plugin. PowerPress will clear the cache if there was an error. (Thanks @grudesky for getting us in touch with developers!)
- Fixed error with creating the subscribe page in some languages (Thanks @edithmayerhofer for bringing to our attention).
- Better error reporting when importing podcast feed images.
- Verify media option improvements, mp3 duration is now detected even faster in most cases!
- Added logic to prevent notice messages with the subscribe_shortcode and newest versions of PHP. (Thanks @mahe for bringing to our attention)
- Added “Hide player / links: Read more tagged posts” option, hides the player and links on pages with the read more link. (Thanks @calebsg0 for the suggestion!)
- Google play schema URL updated.
- Added “redirect_rule” list of post types not used for podcasting. For compatibility with the “Safe Redirect Manager” plugin.
- Blubrry Player now uses the episode itunes image if set. The URLs to the images must be https:// in order to appear on social networking sites.
- Windows Media Player in browser support has been removed. Microsoft Edge browser does not support Windows Media Player in the browser.
- New logic added for dealing with Internet Explorer / Edge browser preloading media when using the MediaElement.js player.
- Fixed PHP warning message if media size in bytes is zero when displaying file size with player links.
- No longer using self closing XML for iTunes Categories.
- iTunes subscribe itpc:// links are no longer supported.
- Editing default podcast channel now imports global settings by default if blank. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention!)
- RSS Podcast feed Import error message added when the PHP XML library is not available. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention!)
- Released on 2/18/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from the new import options, top level iTunes category options, or bug fixes listed.
- Playlist player bug fix: When ids=”” are specified, episodes are now listed in the order entered rather than by date. (Thanks Zach Herbert for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to include the latest iTunes button in svg format and added the iTunes small badge. Use attribute itunes_badge=”true” to display iTunes badge.
- Changed import feed code to use the current author ID rather than hard coded to 1. (Thanks @tund3r for the bug fix!)
- Import feed for libsyn updated. (Thanks @tund3r for the code fix!)
- Import feed advanced option “Remove query strings from media URLs” added. (Thanks @tund3r!)
- Fixed rare PHP Notice unserialize() on line 3094 error that may happen if the podcast episode serialized data is not present. (Thanks @hmseb for pointing out the notice to us!)
- Added colon “:” to list of characters that can be in a valid media URL. (Thanks AfterBuzzTV.com! for the heads up!)
- Fixed notice message that can appear when using the media objects with the powerpress shortcode. (Thanks @srumery for reporting the problem!)
- Fixed issue with dashboard failing to load in some cases due to news feed being blocked by web server. (Thanks Jacob K. for helping us debug the problem!)
- iTunes categories with subcategories are no longer strictly enforced. If you want to select “Art” without selecting a sub category you now can. Selecting a category with a sub category is still optimal.
- Added ability to import a podcast feed to a post type podcast feed or to a podcast channel.
- Added ability to set the post status when importing a podcast feed. (Thanks @hgetrost for the feature suggestion!)
- Added compatibility with the Custom Post Widget plugin. (Thanks @aparentdesign for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed bug where ogg audio was not using the correct audio player. (Thanks @joeress for letting us know about the bug)
- Fixed bug with import not matching episode media URLs correctly. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention)
- Released 9/13/2016
- Fixed issue when editing channel/category/post type podcast settings double escaping & character. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Added checks for OpenSSL and cURL SSL support to the Diagnostics page.
- PowerPress “Verify” option now works with MemberPress. (Thanks MemberPress for the code!)
- Added new debugging define
POWERPRESS_DEBUG_QUERIES, displays SQL queries at the bottom of the feed for diagnostic purposes.
- Feed option to not allow other plugins from modyfing podcast feeds now bypasses the
- Added 2 new define options for podcast feeds and HTTPS. For example, it is possible to host your website via HTTPS but serve the feed via HTTP. (Thanks @Fastmover for the patch that inspired this option)
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTPS', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTPS.
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTP', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTP.
- Released on 7/22/2016
- Fixed bug with new Blubrry Player not displaying show notes button.
- Added TuneIn subscribe URL option. (Thanks @kgagne for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed the PHP 5.2 or older error message in the getid3 library. (Thanks davidpmariano for the heads up!)
- Fixed bug where podcast channels with a blank feed title do not apply specific channel settings like the website link. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where category episodes were not using the category settings like they used to if only one category is selected. (Thanks Jason Bryant for explaining the situation for us to reproduce the problem!)
- Added additional logic to better handle category podcasting when strict category podcasting is not enabled.
- Removed itunes:summary when Feed Maximizer on (this was the behavior before 7.0). iTunes summary is a duplicate of the RSS description. To include itunes summary in maximizer mode, please add
define('POWERPRESS_MAXIMIZER_INCLUDE_ITUNES_SUMMARY', true);in your wp-config.php.
- Released on 6/20/2016
- Fixed bug where verify media could fail with “unable to determine file format” caused by getid3 library update. (Thanks @budgetnerd for bringing to our attention!)
- Re-added the itpc links for subscribe on iTunes when no iTunes subscribe URL provided. For those who wanted this, please notice itpc does not work on iOS devices.
- Statistics redirects that do not end with a / will now work. We add a slash if no slash is present.
- Removed February 2016 iTunes notice message.
- Subscribe by email and on Google Play options removed for premium podcast feeds.
- Subscribe links will no longer appear when episode no links option checked. (Thanks @360woodworking for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 6/6/2016
- Added Google Play Music to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
- New: Strict Category Podcasting. Select a specific category to each episode for statistics tracking and subscription links.
- New: Podcast only category feeds. You can now mix blog posts with podcast episodes in your podast categories.
- New: Blubrry Audio Player. Modern podcast audio player complete with subscribe and share tools. For Blubrry Hosting customers only.
- Updated the getid3 library to latest version.
- Embed link enhanced to use provided embed. If an embed is placed into an episode, the embed link below the player will use that embed as well.
- Fixed bug where post type podcast feed with slug ‘podcast’ will also get the default podcast feed settings (Thanks steveportigal for bringing to our attention).
- Fixed bug with WP 4.5 dropping the
rss-httpcontent type “text/xml”.
- Added shortcode attribute
ids=""so you can specify post IDs for the playlist player to display exclusively. (Thanks John Haspel for the feature suggestion!)
- RSS import now sets the blog post content from the iTunes summary if no description or content:encoded was found in the feed. (Thanks @synthtony for letting us know about the situation)
- RSS import function calls to
mb_stripos()will fallback to
stripos()if the PHP mb (Multibyte String) library not available. (Thanks Glen Donohu for bringing to our attention!)
- Import to podcast category option added.
- Added audio ac3 and dts to media detection getid3 library (these are not podcast safe formats though we can detect their meta information).
- Improved logic for setting the iTunes subtitle and iTunes summary from blog post excerpts and blog post content if no custom iTunes summary and/or subtitle is set.
- Improved feed logic to minimize SQL queries
- Feed Maximizer option now applies to category podcast only feeds.
- Renamed “Appearance” settings to “Website” settings
- Added “Destination” settings for podcast directories and apps
- You can now select from pages when setting your Subscribe Page.
- Changed labels for Podcasting SEO guidance to include word “Podcasting” so not to confuse with “Web SEO”.
- Updated Podcasting SEO guidance to reflect how search works in Google Play Music (Thanks Daniel Lewis for confirming what is indexed!)
- Changed wording for Podcasting SEO guidance with Author field, replaced “slogans” with “nicknames” so it is more clear that we mean slogans for talent on the show.
- Removed logic to fallback to the HTML5 player for mobile devices. This was only needed when Flash based players were used.
- Quicktime Embed option for m4a audio removed due to security concerns with Quicktime.
- SWF embed support dropped.
- Embed link now toggles embed box when clicked multiple times.
- Released on 4/2/2016
- Improved feed import for PodBean users (they appear to be blocking user agents like SquareSpace)
<br />to new lines for iTunes summary so new lines appear on iTunes desktop app (Thanks Daniel for input!)
- Added additional code to handle ajax verify media URL errors.
- Added Feed setting option
Do not allow other plugins to modify podcast feeds..
- Added Feed setting option
Include RSS Image in feeds., default is enabled. For themes that set their own site icon in the feeds.
- Added logic to handle post type podcast only feeds. (Thanks Alan for helping us debug!)
- Added logic to prevent featured episode from appearing on custom post type feeds.
- Fixed bug with post type podcasting channel level feed settings not applying correctly when using slug
podcast. (Thanks Joe for pointing out the issue)
- Fixed bug with enhanced itunes summary not displaying in some circumstances. (Thanks Filip for bringing to our attention!)
- Podcast Subscribe sidebar widget category podcasting option now accepts category slug values (in addition to the category numeric ID)
- Added define option
wp_authenticationerror message when password protected feed authentication fails. This is useful for debugging purposes.
- Fixed typos in RSS import page. (Thanks Robin!)
- Released on 2/21/2016
- Added import podcast from Squarespace option (thanks Steve for bringing to our attention that importing from Squarespace requires added logic)
- The itunes:summary tag values can now use CDATA encapsulation. Note updated that
<itunes:summary>may not contain HTML, except for hyperlinks. (Thanks Apple iTunes team!)
- Added checkbox to enable wrapping iTunes summary values with
<![CDATA[ ... ]]>tags. This may become a permanent feature.
- Added new define option
POWERPRESS_FEED_TEMPLATE. (Thanks Ron for the suggestion!)
- Added new define option
POWERPRESS_PREMIUM_GROUPS_PLUGIN, for premium podcasting with Groups plugin commonly paired with WooCommerce.
- Removed iTunes explicit ‘no’ value from
<itunes:explicit>tag. (iTunes change – February, 2016)
- Updated iTunes recommended image size to 3000 x 3000 saved in a compressed format such as JPG. (iTunes change – February, 2016)
- Fixed notice message from appearing when using the playlist player (Thanks chefjoef for bringing to our attention).
- Added width and height attributes to img tag for the HTML5 audio player image. (Thanks Eduard for the patch and information about the Accelerated Mobile Pages Project!)
- Fixed tab control styling when other themes or plugins use newer versions of jquery-ui.
- Added dismissable notification message to alert PowerPress users of the latest iTunes changes.
- Enhanced iTunes summary option now formats new lines with
tag for use on iOS podcasts app.
- Released on 1/6/2016
- Fixed messages that could occur the first time you select a video player when PHP notices enabled on server. (Thanks Paul Bearne for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed date issue when importing feeds. (Thanks tiptopolive for bringing to our attention!)
- Set item limit advanced option added for podcast importing.
- Released on 12/14/2015
- Import Podcast by feed added. You can now migrate your podcast from any service such as SoundCloud, LibSyn or PodBean into your own WordPress site powered by PowerPress!. With only a couple clicks you can import your program information, artwork and episodes.
**NOTE: Import feature was planned for PowerPress 7.0. Based on requests and rumors we are releasing this feature now.
- Import podcast feature includes program level information (Thanks Daniel Lewis for your feedback!)
- Import podcast feature downloads iTunes artwork.
- Import podcast feature advanced options: Allow duplicate episode titles and dates, Overwrite podcast program information, and include blog posts.
- Import podcast feature only imports your feed and meta information. Media files may be migrated using the Media Migration tool or manually.
- Fixed bug with podcast titles not displaying in some situations when using WordPress versions older than 4.4. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for pointing out the issue)
- Fixed bug with image title not matching feed title (Thanks EntBuddha for the heads up!)
- Released on 12/9/2015
- WordPress 4.4 has changed how feed titles are set. Please update PowerPress immediately to avoid feed title issues.
- Feed titles in WP 4.4 no longer use the
get_bloginfo_rssfilter. All other feed fields appear to still be using the
get_bloginfo_rssfilter at this time. We will be taking additional measures in future releases of PowerPress assuming WordPress core will be abandoning the
get_bloginfo_rssfilter for all other feed fields.
- YOU MUST UPDATE POWERPRESS TO 6.2.2 IF YOU ARE USING WORDPRESS 4.4
- Tested latest changes does not break backwards compatibility with WordPRess 4.3 or older.
- Fixed Clammr typos (Thanks Robin for the heads up!)
- Increased fields with maxlength 250 to 255 for iTunes settings (Thanks Robin for pointing out limit!)
- Released on 11/22/2015
- Removed logic added in last updated to call the do_shortcode function. We originally added this code to solve a theme conflict, it appears to have cause problems for others so we’re reverting back.
If your theme overrides the audio player shortcode (player will only appear correctly when calling
do_shortcode('')), then you must include the following define in your wp-config.php:
- Added new
powerpress_subscribeshortcode, will put your itunes subtitle below your podcast title in the subscribe widget. (Thanks Robert for the feature suggestion!)
- Added new
subtitle="your custom subtitle"attribute for
powerpress_subscribeshortcode, you can now customize a subtitle that goes below your title. (Again thanks Robert!)
- Added logic to use cURL library when native HTTP library in WordPress fails. (Thanks Zuke for helping us debug the problem!)
- Added new logic to check for
the_excerptused in the http head. Should fix issue for folks using Yoast’s SEO plugin with Facebook social enabled.
- Added code for the Clammr audio player to work in the “play in new window”.
- Added new “Having Issues?” option, “wp_head check”, will not add player and links if within the wp_head function call.
- Updated links for submitting to iTunes and Google Play Music Podcast Portal.
- Released on 11/16/2015
- Clammr Audio Player option added to PowerPress.
- Added logic to call the do_shortcode function when themes override the audio shortcode.
- Fixed bug in the media redirect url function when switching between sites for a MultiSite. (Thanks Avi for the patch!)
- HTML output will only append a “\n” when in debug mode. This will prevent situation where some plugins convert new lines into
<br>tags. (Thanks Avi for bringing to our attention)
- Added new define option
POWERPRESS_DO_SHORTCODE, when set in your wp-config.php the
do_shortcodeis used rather than calling the
- Moved the
wp_enqueue_stylefor subscribe widget within the shortcode. Shortcode can now be used outside of
the_content. (Thanks Robert for letting us know about the bug!)
- Released on 10/30/2015
- Added Google Play Music podcast directory support.
- Added Donate Link option under Feed settings tab.
- Removed the enqueuing of mediaelement.js scripts and styles for the player and links in theme pages. PowerPress’s player.min.js will only be included on pages with the player or player links. (Thanks wadehammes for bringing to our attention).
- Updated iTunes subtitle and summary values to treat utf8mb4 data as utf8.
- Added better logic for checking for UTF8 values for iTunes attributes.
- Added the text domain setting in the powerpress.php file for translate.wordpress.org use.
- Enhanced iTunes summary bug where some iTunes summaries were getting cut to 255 characters fixed.
- Code updated to support PHP7.
- Released on 9/8/2015
- Changed the Play in New Window logic to support WordPress MultiSite
switch_to_blog()function calls (Thanks Avi for the patch!)
- Minified version of player.min.js updated.
- Fixed possible XSS vulnerability with the settings tab control.
- Added new
POWERPRESS_CURLdefine option for wp-config.php. When set, PowerPress will use it’s own cURL logic rather than use the
- Released on 8/27/2015
- Added new Subscribe by Email option to Subscribe Links feature. By default this new feature is not enabled. Go to “PowerPress Settings” > “Media Appearance” to enable Subscribe by Email.
- Enhanced iTunes Summary feature now maintains links.
- Added check for null values returned from
- HTTPS URL warnings have been removed. The past year usage of podcast applications that do not support https is now negligible.
- Added support for https:// media URLs for Blubrry and RawVoice statistics services.
- Verify media URL option now verifies SSL certificates and hostnames for https URLs.
- Added Podcast subscribe link support to post type podcasting.
- Links to Feed Validator have been temporarily removed, service does not correctly validate secure podcast feeds. We are working on an alternative.
- Moved defines for customizing links within the
plugins_loadedaction after translations are loaded.
- Fixed bug with linking blubrry account displayed HTML syntax for sign-in errors.
- Added logic to the Subscribe to Podcast sidebar widget to only display category, feed slug and post type settings when appropriate.
- Added new define option
POWERPRESS_NO_THE_EXCERPT, allows you to remove PowerPress’s the_excerpt filter for special situations that warrant it. (Thanks Avi for the code)
- Changed logic for the
powerpress_get_the_excerpt_rssfunction. (Thanks Avi for the code)
- Added ‘mov’ file extensions to the list of migrate-able media files.
- Updated migrate media logic to allow for resetting of migration.
- Improved error reporting for blubrry.com API calls.
- Tweaked how Blubrry account linking is presented in plugin to make it easier.
- Released on 5/7/2015
- Added define option
POWERPRESS_DEFAULT_MEDIA_URLto enable the default media URL field.
- Fixed notice messages being printed when populating category podcasting settings (thanks slapdashcast for bringing to our attention)
- iTunes image requirements updated, 3000×3000 is now the maximum (previously 2048×2048) for iTunes artwork. 1400×1400 is still the recommended size.
- Added Subscribe on Android, the one-click subscribe protocol for Android. There are currently 6 Android apps that support Subscribe on Android one-click with more to follow in the coming weeks.
- PowerPress Playlist Player SQLi injection vulnerability fixed (Thanks Ben Bidner, Security Wrangler @ Automattic.com!)
- Subscribe tools now use the esc_attr, esc_url and esc_html native WordPress functions (rather than htmlspecialchars).
- Released on 3/21/2015
- Fixed bug where specific global podcast settings are not applied when podcast channel settings iTunes new feed URL or feed maximizer option were configured then deleted afterward. This only effected settings if you deleted the default podcast feed.
- Added wp-config define option
POWERPRESS_DISABLE_ITUNES_UTF8, when set to true PowerPress will not convert iTunes values to UTF-8. This is for the very small number of folks who are not using UTF-8 in their website.
- The subscribe shortcode embed attributes are now strictly enforced. If you enter a category or a podcast channel and it does not exist, the shortcode will be empty and will no longer fall-back to the main podcast settings.
- The subscribe shortcode embed specifying a category not displaying category fixed (thanks elembemedia for bringing to our attention)
- Subscribe links below player for category podcasts now works but only if you select 1 category. 2 or more categories complicates things.
- Added logic to fix situation with JetPack and automatic excerpts. Manual excerpts or regular content pages are not affected. (Thanks grahamharper for the details!)
- Added new “Having Issues?” option “Yes, excluding excerpts”, will apply player and links fix logic except when the_excerpt filter is called first.
- AudioObject and VideoObject descriptions are now set using the blog post if no itunes subtitle is set.
- Fixed Episode Titles bug, if you did not set a custom episode title the program title was not appended.
- Fixed “Feature Episode” bug, unchecking the option will now properly save.
- Fixed playlist player date attribute not applying when set to false (thanks trb310 for pointing out the issue!)
- Danish translation updated, thanks Team Blogos!
- Added new subscribe embed attribute “heading”, you can now customize the “Subscribe to” label, e.g. add “the” to the Subscribe to label
page shortcode added. Create a “Subscribe to podcast” page for your podcast.
- NEW FEATURE: Subscribe to podcast widget, adds subscribe on iTunes and via RSS links to side bar, with optional link to subscribe to podcast page.
- NEW FEATURE: Podcasting SEO settings. Includes options to customize podcast feed titles, AudioObjects, VideoObjects, and highlight key iTunes fields.
- NEW FEATURE: Migrate to Blubrry Podcast Hosting in 3 easy steps added.
- iTunes image requirements updated, 1400×1400 minimum size is now “required” and 2048×2048 is now the maximum size for iTunes artwork.
- iTunes category and subcategory selection updated for latest iTunes category selection rules.
- Enhnaced iTunes Summary is back! The feature actually never left, but for the past few years links were not formatted in the iOS app. Now that they are, we now recommend the feature.
- Fixed bug where Feed Maximizer option only worked when Podcast Channels was enabled (Thanks Daniel Lewis for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where player and links would not appear if Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin option “Add Open Graph meta data” was enabled.
- iTunes keywords feature has been removed, feature was deprecated last year by Apple. The iTunes keywords field will appear for previous episodes that used the feature.
- Added support for Opus audio with content type audio/ogg. (Thanks thebugcast for the heads up!)
- Files with ‘ogg’ file extension are now treated as audio/ogg, unless the following define is added to your wp-config.php:
define('POWERPRESS_OGG_VIDEO', true);(Thanks thebugcast for pointing out the default!)
- Updated the Find and Replace episode URLs tool to use native WordPress MySQL query functions.
- Changed the logic for HEAD requests for HTTP authentication. Default WordPress behavior is to exit all HEAD requests. (Thanks thebugcast!)
- Changed all content types to either use the site default or use UTF8 (applies to play in new window and 401 Unauthorized HTML pages).
- Added new
powerpress_premium_content_authorizedfilter for premium plugins to override the default behavior which uses roles and capabilities.
- Updated the getid3 library to latest version, PowerPress now includes ogg duration detection support for “Speex” or “vorbis”.
- We are no longer detecting if the sample rate is optimal, we’re no longer worried about Flash playback.
- Removed Flow Player, Simple Flash, AudioPlay and Flash Mp3 Maxi players. These flash players are no longer supported.
- New MediaElement.js Audio player max width setting added. Player will now display full width otherwise. Player is now responsive, the width will shrink or stretch for the screen.
- Improved MediaElement.js Video player width and height settings. Player will now display full width, or as styled by the theme’s CSS if width and height are blank. Player is now responsive, the width will shrink or stretch for the screen, the height can be set with a blank width to allow for the player to fit different screens.
- We are now warning users not to use Flash based players in the player selection screens.
- Added option to set stats redirect at the channel/post type level. Requires a define
POST_TYPE_STATS_REDIRECTin the wp-config.php file.
- FeedBurner feed URL when set will be used in the new subscribe page and subscribe sidebar widget (Thanks Daniel Lewis for bringing to our attention)
- Playlist Player no longer includes the play time when it is zero. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for bringing to our attention)
- Program Titles with double quotes in the general settings was not escaped correctly, it is now fixed. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention)
- Edit value fields now use the
esc_attr()wordpress function rather than the
htmlspecialchars()native PHP function.
powerpress_admin_capabilitiesfilter for premium capabilities. (Thanks Blair Williams for the suggestion)
- Made subscribe sidebar and subscribe embed button icons Retina screen compatible
- Re-added the blubrry folder icon for blubrry podcast hosting customers.
- Tweaked wording and updated documentation for SEO settings (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the feedback!)
- Tweaked updated documentation for the PowerPress Playlist (Thanks Daniel Lewis for asking questions, it helped us better document the features)
- Fixed subscribe links always displaying (thanks Thiago Miro for pointing out the bug)
- Fixed upload itunes image and poster image episode functions to use selected image size when “Link URL” is blank (Thanks Daniel Lewis for bringing to our attention)
- Added a learn more link to the SEO page.
- Added code for the new Subscribe embed so the subscribe embed CSS is only loaded when the shortcode is used in a page.
- Added the wp-video and wp-video-shortcode classes to the MEJS video player so latest CSS styling in WordPress is again applied 100% of the time to the MEJS player packaged in PowerPress.
- Playlist player will now use the iTunes episode image if one is set for each episode. Program level image is used if no image is set.
- Playlist player taxonomy podcasting now accepts the term_taxonomy_id, making it more efficient.
- Moved the Shortcodes into their own section in Media Appearance settings, they are now included in Podcast Channels, Category Podcasting, Post Type podcasting and Taxonomy podcasting with the appropriate attributes set for convenience.
- Released on 12/16/2014
- Update your copy of PowerPress to version 5.0.9 immediately
- Due to concerns of possible security exploits, the FlowPlayer flash based player has been removed from PowerPress as of version 5.0.10. PowerPress users are strongly encouraged to update their copy of PowerPress immediately.
- FlowPlayer will be replaced with the default WordPress MediaElement.js player
- Released on 7/28/2014
- Fixed wo logic errors in the powerpress-player.php (Thanks Tom from the Hawaii Vacation Connection podcast for bringing to our attention)
- Added support for the [PowerPress in your Language](http://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-language/) add-on plugin.
- Removed support for the [PowerPress in your Language](http://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-language/), plugin was rejected by WordPress.org. We are doing our best to come up with another solution.
- Screenshot files have been moved to the assets folder, they will no longer be packaged with the plugin’s zip file.
- Fixed PHP warning in powerpressadmin.php on line 2405 (Thanks Robin for letting us know)
- Added notice for FeedBurner setting “We recommend that you disabled SmartCast when using PowerPress with FeedBurner”, otherwise FeedBuner will duplicate iTunes descriptions for episodes. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for suggestion)
- Added [No-Fault Hosting](http://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/no-fault/) support for all Blubrry Podcast Hosting customers. In addition, starting August 1st 2014, publishing quotas will be reset on the 1st of each month.
- PowerPress 6.0 beta will be available for testing the end of this week. If you are interested in beta testing, please [contact us](http://www.blubrry.com/contact.php).
- Released on 6/11/2014
- Added better error reporting logic for services and statistics.
- Added option to get podcast meta data optionally from a value (rather than from database)
- Added logic to override the html content-type when a HTTP HEAD request is made for a feed URL
Fixed notice message on line 220 of powerpress.php (thanks brandonferens for letting us know about the notice message)
- Released on 4/3/3014
- Fixed bug found with some versions of php with a parse error on line 1345 (Thanks joebotha for reporting)
- Released on 4/3/3014
- Added logic to deal with the WP Super Cache plugin adding HTML comments at the bottom of feeds. Setting to allow HTML comments with a note have been added to the Feed settings page.
- Added logic to deal with the W3 Total Cache plugin adding HTML comments at the bottom of feeds. Uses same setting as above.
- Added logic for Verify feature to ignore PHP Warning messages caused by other plugins.
- Added the riff module to getid3 library (thanks Kathy for reporting the riff error)
- Fixed bug with Blubrry media hosting screen, selecting already published media not returning to the post edit screen (Thanks Paul for making us aware of the bug)
- Fixed notice message found in powerpressadmin-defaults.php (thanks sbmorrissey for bringing to our attention)
- Added support for future MultiSite features.
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 3.9.
- Released on 3/2/2014
- Added logic for Blubrry Services to use alternative API servers to address random issues with session errors.
- Released on 1/30/2014
- Fixed bug with MEjs player not working for m4a files (Thanks JT for the code patch!)
- Added logic to PowerPress edit iTunes Subscription URL settings, precaution to make sure the field is saved correctly.
- Made a few CSS changes for WordPress 3.8+
- Noted in the HTML5 audio player option that Firefox 26.0+ now supports mp3 playback. We are aware that Firefox 21.0 supported mp3 playback but it was limited to particular Windows versions.
- Fixed bug where player and links may not appear for custom post type podcasting episodes. (Thanks Seth and Segovia for discovering and helping me debug the problem!)
- Fixed bug where Blubrry hosting customers may not have been able to publish media for custom post type podcasting.
- Renamed post type podcasting setting field in database to avoid possible field setting conflicts.
- Added logic to allow for the premium podcast feeds feature to work with custom post type podcasting.
- Added the HTML5 download attribute, when then download link is clicked the file will be downloaded, rather than streamed to default media player. Only Chrome, Firefox and Opera web browsers currently support this HTML5 attribute.
- Released on 12/3/2013
- Fixed bug with feed title not properly XML encoding ampersand. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated supported version number to WordPress 3.7.1
- Released on 09/23/2013
- Fixed another bug with *Feed Episode Maximizer* RSS <description> having the invalid characters when used with WordPRess 3.6. Added function `powerpress_get_the_excerpt_rss()` to permanently fix issue.
- Removed `PHP_EOL` from powerpress-player.php where the player links are added to the post content. This should solve the issue where some themes or plugins replace new line characters with actual `<br/>` tags. (Thanks Nathan for the fix!)
- Option to remove statistics from Dashboard has been re-added. 5.0/5.0.1 removed the option which was automatically disabling statistics in dashboard. Our mistake!
- Fixed bug with embed link no longer appearing when using FlowPlayerClassic audio player. (thanks cimmerian for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug with Taxonomy podcasting program level attributes (description, itunes subtitle) not getting applied to taxonomy feed correctly (Thanks Matt for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug with file size and duratoin checkbox setting in General Settings not saving correctly (Thanks Bridge Maker for letting us know about the bug!)
- Added image uploader option to both the episode entry box poster image and new itunes image fields. This version will not cause issues with the media upload button if a user cancels the image upload.
- Released on 08/30/2013
- Removed debug alert box from PowerPress mejs file, only occurred in IE and Safari browsers
- Fixed issue with blubrry Hosting users not being able to upload media with some versions of PHP.
- Fixed podcast title in defaults mode not getting applied to podcast feed.
- Released on 08/27/2013
- Advanced Mode added (Was an old feature in PowerPress 1.0 that was removed since 2.0, now it’s back!)
- Default Mode with 3 Simple Steps added!
- Taxonomy Podcasting added (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- Post Type Podcasting added
- MediaElement.js HTML5/CSS Audio and Video player added. You must have WordPress 3.6+ to use this player.
- Embed player will now use the MediaElement.js player when selected
- We now allow images that are 300×300 as the itunes image, but a warning is printed at the top of the page.
- Fixed bug where settings saved message did not always appear at the top of the pages.
- Added define
POWERPRESS_NO_PODCAST_FEED, if set to true in wp-config, PowerPress will not add the default podcast feed with slug name ‘podcast’. For users who exclusively want a page or category called ‘podcast’. NOTE: There will be no podcast only feed provided by default when this define is set, use at your own risk.
- iTunes and RSS image settings moved to “Artwork” tab.
- New iTunes Episode image option added to both the Artwork tab as well as the Episode Entry Box (Thanks Robin Brinkler and Daniel Lewis for suggesting the features)
- jQuery based watermark replaced with HTML5 placeholder values, the jquery.watermark.js is no longer packaged with PowerPress.
- Fixed bug with Feed Episode Maximizer RSS having the invalid characters when used with WordPRess 3.6.
- Feed Episode Maximizer is no longer experimental, we’ve successfully used the feature on a number of podcasts without issue for over a year now.
- Player width for audio and video can now use a percentage, ideal for resposive sites.
- player.js script is now always enqueued with other WordPress scripts. If you have player issues, please update your theme!
- Added link to settings from the plugins management screen, should help folks who are new to PowerPress find settings quickly.
- Releaesd on 6/20/2013
- PowerPress 5.0 is coming! If you would like to beta test, please contact Angelo at cio [at] rawovice dot com. Beta testing starts when WordPress 3.6 is released, PowerPress 5.0 will utilize some new features in WordPress 3.6.
- The PowerPress Version Updates Survey results will be posted in the coming weeks. Based on user feedback, we will release minor updates within 7 days if necessary, major releases between 1-3 months apart, and new features will be included in the plugin but disabled by default.
- Fixed logic for displaying statistics in dashboard to time out after 1 second (was previously 15 seconds) so if there’s a network issue between the server and blubrry.com the dashboard still loads promptly. (Thanks Michael Hansen for bringing to our attention!)
- Added new filter
powerpress_feed_authfor other plugins to filter feed authentication. (Thanks amereservant for the feature suggestion!)
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_AUTO_DETECT_ONCE, edits to existing episodes will use the specify option if this define is set to true. (Thanks amereservant for the feature suggestion!)
- Fixed bug with ID3 tagging not correctly incrementing the track number for episodes. This only affected Blubrry hosting customers who had this option turned on. (Thanks RWPeck for bringing to our attention!)
- Mobile devices now use the same HTML5 player as the regular desktop HTML5 player found in PowerPress. This is due to reports that some mobile devices are now pre-loading media on pages, this will cut down on such bandwidth. (Thanks Daniel for bringing to our attention)
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_POST_TYPES, when set, only the post types specified are given podcasting episode entry boxes. Multiple post types are separated by commas. Example with added movies custom post type added:
'page,post,movies'. This will bypass the default behavior of adding episode boxes to all post types with
- Fixed bug with unchecking iTunes Closed Captioned option not saving. (Thanks davidcross for reporting bug)
- Released on 4/19/2013
- PowerPress Version Updates Survey – Thanks everyone for participating!
- Blubrry Create site launched! Site includes our Podcasting Manual, Blubrry Resources and Support Options.
- Completely rewrote logic added in 4.0.7 to fix the conflict with Yoast Google Analytics plugin. This sholud solve the issues folks have been having when using this plugin with PowerPress.
- Flow Player Classic audio player height changed from 24 to 22 when Firefox detected, displays correctly in Firefox with this custom height.
- Added code to prevent possible “Empty delimiter” warning for strstr function calls in plugin.
- Added admin.php to
admin_url()function calls to get around issue when web hosting providers do not provide DirectoryIndex support for index.php files.
channelas an option to the powerpress shortcode to clear up confusion, this option was previously currently called
feedfor specifying a specific custom podcast channel.
- Changed logic for powerpress channel shortcode to always display the player and links even if no player configured in settings. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for pointing out the problem)
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_CUSTOM_CAPABILITY_TYPE, for setting an additional compatibility type other than “post” or “page”. Only works for custom podcast channels, not the default podcast channel.
- Modified logic to allow smaller open in new window sizes, height can now be as small as 20 pixels and width can be as small as 50 pixels. Any values smaller than this will default to height of 20 pixels and width of 50 pixels. We still add 40px width and 80px height padding for scroll bars.
- Added new option “Do not factor in scroll bars” to the New Window settings. By default, PowerPress adds to the width and height above to compensate for possible vertical and horizontal scroll bars. Check this option if you do not want PowerPress to compensate for browser scroll bars.
- Fixed a notice message from PHP when error reporting set to include notices, only occurred when hosting configured.
- Added blubrry Podcast Media Hosting icon with link to disable icon from edit screen.
- Updated thickbox logic for compatibility with WordPress 3.6+.
- Added logic to stats redirect URL to prevent incorrect URLs from being used.
- Released on 2/14/2013
- The 1 Pixel Out player is back! Learn More
- Added new define option
POWERPRESS_READ_TEXTto customize the ‘Read’ label for pdf/epub books.
- Player logic updated to display specific PDF/ePub images with links to the files.
- PDF image from Hybrid Design.
- ePub image from ThreePress.
- Calls to wp_remote_head now set to use HTTP 1.1 protocol (WordPress defaults to HTTP 1.0 for what ever reason. Thanks vinull for your bug fix!)
- Added support for Kindle Fire in the list of detected mobile HTML5 players. (Thanks Chris Bockay for bringing to our attention and helpnig us diagnose!)
- Added logic to fix the play in new window and embed links if Joost de Valk’s Google Analytics for WordPress plugin has “Track outbound clicks & downloads” enabled.
- Added logic to the getid3 library to use the WordPress temp folder path rather than use the system detected path. This should fix the verify problems a small portion of folks have when the /tmp folder not being writable.
- Happy Valentines day!
- Released on 1/23/2013
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to update their copy of PowerPress immediately!
- Due to concerns of possible security exploits, the 1 Pixel Out Audio Player has been removed from PowerPress. Learn More
- Notices added in both the WP dashboard and in the Audio player settings page that the 1 Pixel Out player has been removed.
- If you’ve configured your web site with the 1 Pixel Out Audio Player, Flow Player Classic will be used. Go to the PowerPress > Audio Player settings page to change this player if you like.
- Updated Danish translation. Thanks GeorgWP and Team Blogos for translating!
- Added Russian translation. Thanks Igor Mercury for translating!
- Released on 11/28/2012
- Tested with WordPress 3.5 Release Candidate 1
- Updated button styling to fix styling issue for future release of WordPress 3.5
- Updated the “Plugins Update Cache” logic for WordPress versions 3.4+
- Updated link to add podcast to iTunes.
- Updated Danish translation. Thanks GeorgWP and Team Blogos for translating!
- Added define options
POWERPRESS_CAPABILITY_EDIT_PAGESfor administrators to customize PowerPress capabilities. (Thanks Kevin Doole for the contribution!)
- Updated videos for previewing the PowerPress video players.
- Added preview media for hosting customers when media is not yet published.
- Added logic to auto enable “fix theme” feature if JetPack 2.0 is used, solves issue where PowerPress player and links disappear using JetPack 2.0. (Thanks Brian from Handy Guys Podcast for diagnosing the problem)
is_objecttest in the
powerpress_contentfunction to prevent possible debug messages in development environments. (Thanks Curtis McHale for bringing to our attention)
- Added link to Message Flow plugin, adds a CoverFlow-like interface for your blog posts with podcast episodes. For podcasts only, use shortocde:
- Added warning about FeedBurner is not required to podcast and note that iTunes 1400×1400 jpg image should be 72ppi format for viewing on the web.
- Removed possible notice messages in the importing tools pages or when metabox option player or links is configured.
- Provide Embeds option now works no matter which players you configure. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for letting us know about the issue).
- Added better error message when users try to setup blubrry services integration.
- Added note under RSS Image to remind new users to also configure their iTunes image, which is very important.
- Added better explanation for the missing player fix option under the appearance tab.
- Removed mentions of Zune, that podcast directory is no longer available.
- Released on 8/8/2012
- Fix bug with language not getting set if your using the Feed Episode Maximizer option with WordPress 3.4 or newer.
- Released on 8/8/2012
- Fixed bug with IE not displaying embeds correctly (Thanks johnb172 for bringing to our attention)
- Fixed bug introduced in 4.0.2 where feed language was not getting set in some cases.
- Audio embed width now uses audio player width instead of video width.
- Added meta robots noindex HTML to play in new window and embed pages.
- Change from using the
plugins_url()function to better support sites in mixed SSL/non-SSL mode (please contact us if this is still a problem with combined HTTP/HTTPS sites).
- The iTunes image is now also used as the RSS image if no RSS image is specified.
- Warning message added to podcast channel feeds that are password protected. Warning: This feed is password protected, it cannot be accessed by public services such as feedvalidator.org or the iTunes podcast directory. (we’re getting a lot of support questions about this recently. If your feed is is password protected, then services and directories can’t access it by design.)
- Translation powerpress-xx_XX.pot file updated for translators to update their language files with.
- Released on 6/29/2012
- Fixed bug with feed language getting populated with podcast feed title.
- Changed feed logic from using
- Feed language logic for older versions of WordPress (versions < 3.4) remains for backwards compatibility.
- PowerPress the_content filter now checks for a valid post before trying to do anything. This logic is in place to deal with poorly written plugins triggering the_content filter even when no post is loaded.
- Updated logic for Custom Podcast Channels to work with WordPress 3.4+ Custom Post Types.
- Auto enable the “fix theme for player” option when Facebook plugin version 1.0 is found.
- Fixed a number of new PHP notice messages when in
WP_DEBUGmode. (Thanks Jeremy Clarke for bringing to our attention)
- Fix strpos getid3\module.tag.id3v2.php on line 876 PHP warning. (Thanks Zachary_DuBois for bringing to our attention)
- Added better reporting when paid services expire.
- Added index.php files to thwart directory listing powerpress folders with PHP scripts.
- Released on 6/15/2012
- Fixed bug with “Feed Episode Maximizer” option only working if the “Feature Episode in iTunes” option was also turned on.
- Added Hebrew to list of feed languages.
- Changed logic that prevented uploading iTunes images smaller than 1400×1400. You can now upload an iTunes image that is 600×600 or larger and will receive a warning rather than an error.
- Fixed bug with media embed HTML page having a fatal error if referencing an episode not originally saved by PowerPress.
- Increased verification (Verify button) cache from 600k to 1024k (1MB) for detecting ID3 information using 1400×1400 images. We recommend using images in jpg format as png requires way more space in most all cases.
- Added link to plugin PowerPress Posts From MySQL – Creates blog posts with PowerPress podcast episode information from a MySQL table.
- Added link to plugin Eli’s PowerPress Addon Widget – Adds a sidebar widget that lists your podcast episodes linked to the play in a new window PowerPress player.
- Updated support links.
- Released on 5/11/2012
- New iTunes image requirements updated throughout plugin. RGB 1400×1400 jpg is recommended.
- Feed Episode Maximizer feature added, only applies to podcast channel feeds.
- Added VideoJS video player option, requires “VideoJS – HTML5 Video Player for WordPress” plugin to be installed and activated.
- Enhanced support for uploading RSS/iTunes images, the iTunes image upload now checks for 1400×1400 or larger jpg/png image in RGB color space.
- Notice message regarding new iTunes image requirements added to dashboard.
- Added .epub to list of file content types supported.
- iTunes image can now also be used as the RSS image.
- Additional information added to powerpress shortcode documentation.
- iTunes block episode feature added, requires following define in wp-config.php:
- iTunes block feed feature added, requires following define in wp-config.php:
- iTunes complete feed feature added, requires following define in wp-config.php:
- iTunes order episode feature added.
- Feature Episode in iTunes option added, allows you to put specific episode at the top of your iTunes podcast directory listing.
- ref=Nofollow tags added to play in new window, download and embed links.
- Fixed warning message when metamark’s default row is removed and does not exist upon saving.
- Increased the performance of the podcast only and podcast channel feeds.
- Removed “new” from no longer new features.
- iTunes default image updated to 1400 x 1400.
- Released on 3/9/2012
- Fixed bug with lines 318 and 312 of powerpress.php when Feed Discovery option is enabled but custom podcast channels are not activated.
- Tweaked latest version of getid3 library so it is not as strict when detecting mp3 media with oversized or incorrect ID3 headers.
- Increased verification (
Verifybutton) cache from 400k to 600k for detecting ID3 information. This accommodates poster artwork in ID3 tags that exceeds 512K in size.
- Metamark duration and seconds can now be entered with colons to separate hour, minute and second. e.g. 1:23:45
- Metamark watermark labels for empty fields fixed when fields already existed.
- Updated Danish translation. Thanks GeorgWP and Team Blogos for translating!
- Released on 2/10/2012
- PowerPress now requires WordPress version 3.0 or newer.
- New Meta Marks feature learn more
- Media duration detection and verification now supports AAC .m4a audio and H.264 .mp4/.m4v video (in addition to mpeg3 .mp3). Media duration detection now requires PHP 5.0.5 or newer.
- Added new ‘Disable Warnings’ option for Podcast Entry Box. Errors are still displayed.
- Media verification (
Verifybutton) no longer warns if mp3 Channel mode is mono.
- Media verification (
Verifybutton) now verifies that the media URL’s content type is valid when detecting duration information.
- Media verification (
Verifybutton) now displays the link to the media upon error so user can test URL manually.
- Media verification (
Verifybutton) now includes a more readable message when URL returns 404 file not found.
- Added new
Feed Discoveryoption, Adds “feed discovery” links to your web site’s headers allowing web browsers and feed readers to auto-detect your podcast feeds.
- Removed iTunes update iTunes listing logic, it is pretty obvious Apple does not plan on restoring the ping which Apple took offline in February of 2011.
- Added warning in settings that podcast feed is invalid until create at least one podcast episode.
- Warning now displayed if a Media Embed is entered but no Media URL is present.
- Removed third party JSON library, no longer needed for WP versions 2.9+.
- Podcast Channels can now be associated with specific Custom Post Types of type ‘post’.
- Added option to upload/change HTML5 audio and video play icons. Video play icon must be 60 x 60 pixels in size. Audio play icon has no size restrictions.
- Added link to WordPress Settings to PowerPress basic setings, This is to resolve the many complains we receive by new users who cannot find PowerPress settings menu.
- Fixed bug with ID3 tag writing feature not functioning correctly. (Thanks Dave from School of Podcasting for reporting the problem)
- Fixed bug detected latest versoin of iPad for displaying the HTML5 player.
- Flow Player Classic now displays full screen button when playing video.
- Romanian translation for v2.0.4+ added by Alexander Ovsov (Thanks Alexander!)
- Italian translation for v2.0.4+ by Umberto (thanks Umberto!)
- Fixed a number of PHP notice messages when in
WP_DEBUGmode. (Thanks Jeremy Clarke for introducing us to the Debug Bar plugin!)
- Released on 8/23/2011
- NOTE: There is no need to update to this version unless you can benefit from the bug fixes, changes or new Italian translation listed below.
- Added partially completed Italian translation. (Thanks Umberto!)
- Incremented supported WordPress version number.
- Changed action hook for
powerpress_admin_inithook to use ‘
admin_init‘ rather than ‘init’, an extra precaution in case other plugins invoke admin mode in WordPress.
- Disabled the
future_to_publishhook, the logic was there for pinging iTunes, which Apple took offline earlier this year.
- Fixed bug with “Display player and Link Options” setting not working in WordPress 3.2. (Thanks Cliff from GSPN.tv for reporting the problem)
- Fixed bug with Podcast Channels background color setting not appearing in edit post screen in WordPress 3.2.
- Changes made to support latest versions of jQuery.
- Released on 5/27/2011
- Fixed bug with Flash players configured with auto play in new window at the same time as auto-played HTML5 audio player (2 players playing at same time in new window problem).
- Fixed bug intruduced in PowerPress 2.0.1 where classic Quicktime and Windows Media player embeds failed when using
- Added new
POWERPRESS_FIX_WARNINGSdefine option, simply add
define('POWERPRESS_FIX_WARNINGS', true);to your wp-config.php if you see warning messages in your play in new window player.
- Fixed a handful of PHP notice messages when in
- Including version of WordPress in diagnostics report, diagnostic report found under Tools menu.
- Removed syndic8, AllPodcast, Podnova, Podcasts.com and Technorati from ping list in Tools. These services no longer have ping sites.
- Added new link for help for Blubrry Services Integration errors.
- Updated po files for translation.
- Released on 3/29/2011
- Fixed bug with Category Podcasting screen not displaying categories correctly. We are now calling the
wp_dropdown_categories()function with the appropriate parameters.
- Fixed fatal error
Call to undefined function powerpressplayer_get_extension()in dashboard when option ‘Disable PowerPress Media Players and Links’ is selected.
<!-- ... // -->within
- Added option under ‘Video Player’ Common Settings section for using the poster image, video player width and height for audio, applies to Flow Player only.
- Released on 3/13/2011
- Fixed bug where media links did not appear for theme functions
the_powerpress_content(). (Thanks Douglas for bringing to our attention)
- Fixed download link not appearing after saving settings in 2.0. Download link setting was not getting saved correctly.
- Fixed bug where player does not appear if PowerPress was previously in Simple Mode.
- Fixed bug with Verify button failing with HTTP error 302 or 301 when URL has more than 1 redirect.
POWERPRESS_EMBED_TEXTdefine option so the embed text can be changed. Just add
define("POWERPRESS_EMBED_TEXT", "Your Embed Text");above the include line in your wp-config.php.
- Restored quicktime as default player for m4a files, for those who need quicktime to display chapter info. To play m4a with FlowPlayerClassic/HTML5, go to PowerPress Settings > Appearance tab.
- Fixed FlowPlayerClassic scaling, video now maintains aspect ratio when displayed in player.
- Blubrry Community News now only shows latest video embed, all others minimized with small play button.
- Media statistics redirect URLs now applied to alternative webm URLs when specified with mp4/m4v video.
- Released on 3/7/2011
- PowerPress now requires WordPress version 2.8 or newer.
- HTML5 video player with Flow Player Classic fallback added
- HTML5 audio player with Flow Player Classic fallback added
- Embed Episode feature, embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- WebM video support added
- Ogg audio/video support improved
- For mp4/m4v video, a new alternative WebM URL field has been added. This is ideal for supporting all browser based HTML5 video players.
- Flow Player Classic can now play m4a audio and mp4/m4v video
- Elimation of Simple Mode
- Video default size is now 400 wide by 225 high (a 16:9 ratio)
- New Video Player settings page added
- Settings pages enhanced with new options such as location, frequency and T.V. options added
- Episode Entry box enhanced with new ‘isHD’ option when video entered into Media URL box
- Episode Entry box now includes option to configure video player width/height on a per-episode basis.
- New RawVoice RSS namespace added
- Player logic has been moved to powerpress-player.php, and a new option is available to disable player options completely. When player options disabled completely, the powerpress-player.php is not included in normal page loads.
- PowerPress updated to be able to import episodes from latest versions of PodPress (change made in February, 2011 in PodPress how episodes are stored in WordPress).
- New watarmarks added to Episode Entry Box for HH:MM:SS. Watermarks will be incorporated in additional fields in the future.
- iTunes Update Directory feature (pingPodcast) is slated for removal in next release. Apple no longer supports this feature. Read more here: Apple Drops iTunes Podcast Directory Update Listing/Ping (pingPodcast) Function
- Upload image option added to supplement the video poster image field. Images are uploaded to the built-in image gallery in WordPress.
- Option added to include play icon over poster image where applicable (such as HTML5 Video)
- Error message displayed if another plugin is including a different version of the getid3 library.
- New Blubrry PowerPress and Community Podcast added to welcome tab and dashboard.
- By default, media files with extension .ogg are treated as audio. Video ogg files should use the .ogv extension. If you wish to override this behavior, add the following define to your wp-config.php:
- Added define option
define('POWERPRESS_ENCLOSURE_FIX', true);that can be added to your wp-config.php to fix missing enclosures in feeds when using plugins such as WishList Member. (Thanks Patrick for helping us fix this issue)
- Fixed bug with download and play in new window text not getting translated for non-english languages. (Thanks infusiastic for bringing to our attention).
- Released on 1/10/2011
- Added additional support for the ‘Podcasting’ plugin’s shortcode. PowerPress will still add its player to the top/bottom of the page for backwards compatibility.
- Eliminated 2 other situations where warning messages would appear in some cases.
- Added Simplified Chinese translation to PowerPress. Thanks webmote for translating!
- Updated changelog to confirm to latest WordPress standards.
- Released on 12/8/2010
get_the_powerpress_all_players()functions for use in themes. Thanks Nicolas for contributing code!
- Added Danish translation to PowerPress. Thanks GeorgWP for translating!
- Added French translation to PowerPress. Thanks Aurelien Denis for translating!
- Added shortcode support for ‘Podcasting’ plugin’s shortcode.
- Fixed syntax bug on line 225 of powerpressadmin-jquery.php file.
- Fixed a number of warning and notice message when WP_DEBUG define set in WordPress (Some notices remain for WordPress 2.6/2.7 backward compatibility) (Thanks Jeremy for letting us know about the notices/warnings)
- Updated the itunes:subtitle feed tag logic so empty lines found at the front and end of an excerpt do not include ‘ – ‘.
- Fixed bug where
<a>tag was incorrectly ended when the Premium Content feature was enabled. (Thanks Kimberly for letting us know about the bug)
- Added warning message in PowerPress settings pages when incompatible plugins found.
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_DOWNLOAD_BYTE_LIMIToption for users using buggy versions of Adobe Audition beta who are having media verification errors “Could not find valid MPEG synch before end of file.”. Simply add
define('POWERPRESS_DOWNLOAD_BYTE_LIMIT', 500000);near the top of your wp-config.php file.
- Released on 9/29/2010
- Fix bug introduced by the addition of Custom Post Type where Custom Podcast Channels do not appear.
- Fixed bug where email diagnostics feature failed when PowerPress is in Simple Mode.
- Released on 9/28/2010
- Added support for Custom Post Types.
- Fixed various translation issues with player settings admin screens.
powerpress_print_options()function to simplify printing select options in admin.
- Switched to using
esc_html()function (Thanks amereservant for bringing to our attention).
- Added wp-config
POWERPRESS_ENQUEUE_SCRIPTSdefine option if you want player.js to be enqueued (Feature request).
- Optimized iTunes Summary option no longer selected by default. Optimize iTunes Summary’s clickable links do not appear on the online iTunes web site in the same way they do in the iTunes application.
- Added Arabic languages to list of feed languages (Thanks Ahmad for bringing to our attention).
- Added support for new iTunes 1-click Subscription URL format (e.g. http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/title-of-podcast/id000000000).
- Released on 7/2/2010
- Updated WP supported version tag to 3.0, we have yet to find any issues between PowerPress and the latest version of WordPress.
- Fixed minor bug when clicking ‘Add Podcasting to Category’ when category not selected.
- Added Media Redirect URL option for Category feeds and pages. The Redirect URL also works with single pages if only one category is selected for the post.
- Finished adding translation support. Want to translate PowerPress into you language? Please email cio [at] rawvoice.com for details.
- Improved error reporting for the ‘Verify’ button feature.
- Released on 5/10/2010
- Fixed bug where ampersand characters, if present, where not being escaped properly for the itunes:new-feed-url setting. (Thanks Bryon for reporting the bug)
- Added option to 1 pixel out player to display Display Remaining Time (thanks siri102 for suggesting this feature)
- Added option to 1 pixel out player to set the Buffering Time (thanks siri102 for suggesting this feature)
- Added better debug information for the Verify button’s AJAX failures
- Implemented more efficient logic for including project files in PHP (Thanks Joseph Scott from Automattic)
- Released on 3/29/2010
- NOTE: There is no need to update to this version unless you can benefit from the new options or minor fixes listed below.
- Removed code to maintain currently selected tab due to conflict with mod_security. (Thanks Glark and matt1027 for your assistance with this issue!)
- Fixed ampersand (&) to & in podcast channel descriptions (Thanks David for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where duration would only properly set using the Verify button, now works without the Verify button (Thanks Fr. Shawn for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated the
get_the_powerpress_content()theme functions to work even if the ‘Media Presentation’ setting is set to ‘None’.
- Removed OpenSSL not enabled warning when saving settings if cURL supports SSL. (Thanks TonyF)
- Released on 3/6/2010
- Fixed warning message from appearing in other Blogging System import screen.
- Fixed bug where media links were always being displayed when using the powerpress shortcode.
- Added note why we do not plan on upgrading the FlowPlayer in PowerPress plugin.
- Added new define
POWERPRESS_TEXT_SEPARATORso users can replace the : character with what ever they want in their wp-config.php.
- Fixed bug with iTunes Enhanced Summary setting not applying correctly to podcast channel feeds (Thanks Kimberly for helping us with this issue!)
- Added extra logic to the iTunes Enhanced Summary to remove incomplete URLs from the end of the summary. (Thanks Kimbery for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where post per feed/item settings were not getting set, now using
is_int(Thanks Darcy for bug fix!)
- Added additional information in the Diagnostics email message.
- Fixed remote HTTP logic for non-CURL configured servers (Thanks Andy for your assistance!)
- Released on 1/30/2010
- Added new ‘Podcast Permalinks’ option in Basic Settings so users can map example.com/podcast/ to a static page or category.
- Renamed jquery.cookie.js to jquery.c.js to prevent Apache mod_security from detecting the word ‘cookie’ as a possible threat.
- Additional code added for some cases where previous PodPress data was stored serialized twice over. PowerPress now un-serializes the PodPress data twice if necessary.
- Added option to Disable Media Player for known mobile devices such as iPhone, Android, Palm Pre and Blackberry phones. (Thanks Michael H!)
- Fixed bug with play in new window only using the default player. (Thanks Álvaro!)
- Fixed bug with AudioPlay flash player not linking to media file.
- Fixed bug with iTunes ping results for podcast categories and channels displaying the default feed results.
- Fixed bug with iTunes duration not displaying in edit screen after saving. (entered values are now saved if auto detect fails)
- Displaying default podcast category feed title below feed title field for reference.
- Displaying default podcast category landing page URL below Landing Page field for reference.
- Added note in the iTunes New Feed URL setting which feed the setting is applied to.
- Added option to allow manually setting the iTunes author name on a per episode basis.
- Updated Flash players to support URLs with spaces by urlencoding the URL values.
- Added better error reporting for AJAX ‘Verify’ button failures.
- Relabeled “Import Movable Type/Blogger/Joomla/TypePad Episodes” to “Import from other Blogging Platform”.
- PodPress Import screen now includes a media file extension filter.
- PodPress Import now includes the m4v video cover images.
- PodPress Import “Select Only” specific columns feature.
- Other Blogging Platform Import “Select Only” specific columns feature.
- PowerPress shortcode now documented within the Appearance Settings tab.
- Warning added to “Auto Add Media” setting that the Duration (total play time) will not be detected.
- Added link to PodcastFAQ.com to footer and “Tools” page.
- All Podcast Channels must be deleted before disabling the Advanced Option.
- Fixed bug where Custom Channels with blank titles did not appear in list.
- Fixed bug where WordPress 2.6 PowerPress users have a disabled WordPress dashboard caused by missing wp_add_dashboard_widget() function.
- Diagnostics now tests that the temporary directory exists and is writable.
- Diagnostics Email results are now printed in the page after sending.
- Diagnostics now includes the title, version and URL of active plugins.
- Released on 12/19/2009
- Fixed compatibility bug introduced in WordPress 2.9 when using Blubrry Services on web servers with versions of PHP older than 5.2 (json_decode function compatibility)
- Added new “Display Player and Links Options” under Podcast Entry Box settings. You can now control displaying the default Player and/or Links on a per episode basis.
- Added new “Replace Player with Embed” option under Podcast Entry Box settings. When set, PowerPress will not display the default player if an embed code is set for the episode. Default behavior is to display both the native player and embed code.
- Added new “Find and Replace for Episode URLs” feature found under tools section. Perfect for users moving their media hosting to a new web site or service (Like Blubrry!).
- Plugin “Podcasting” support: Now including iTunes duration (audio length) previously saved using plugin “Podcasting”.
- Plugin “Podcasting” support: Import plugin “Podcasting” settings option added to Tools page.
- Converted all function calls from split() to explode for PHP 6 compatibility.
- Using a default value for length (file size) to prevent feeds from becoming invalid.
- Fixed PodPress import bug where extra space characters from PodPress were not trimmed.
- 1 Pixel Out player: Width setting is now applied (up until now player was always 290 pixels wide)
- 1 Pixel Out player: Added option to display track information from mp3 by entering “TRACK” in the “Text In Player” field.
- Added translation support (translation support for PowerPress coming soon). Pages include tools, basic settings, category feeds, podcast channel feeds, dashboard page and diagnostics page.
- Added code to prevent other plugins from wiping out the custom podcast feed permalinks. Plugin identified that this code fixes so far include the pagebar plugin.
- Diagnostic results email can now optionally include the list of active plugins which helps when resolving conflicts between plugins.
- Diagnostic results email is now in HTML form which makes it easier to read.
- Removed most ‘Notice’ messages when WP_DEBUG define set in WordPress.
- Updated Blubrry Services Integration to support listing the past 30 days of published media.
- Support for WordPress 2.6 will be dropped in the next release of PowerPress.
- Released on 10/28/2009
- Added oga, spx, ogv and ogx (variations of ogg) to list of media file extensions detected.
- Added note with remove option below Media URL when media file is hosted by blubrry.com.
- Added Video Cover Image option for those who want to specify a URL to an image to display in place of the default play video box for QuickTime formatted video (m4v, mov, etc…).
- Added link to enable Category Podcasting from the Categories page in WordPress. Added ‘Podcast Settings’ and ‘Add Podcasting’ links under Categories table listing.
- Retitled Category Casting to Category Podcasting to clear up confusion.
- Simple Mode option retitled to ‘Advanced Mode’ to clear up confusion.
- Fixed bug where Media URL value starting with a slash ‘/’ resulted in 2 slashes when the Default Media URL was added.
- Fixed bug with Verify button setting minutes in hour field and seconds in minute field for media hosted by blubrry.com.
- Fixed sufficient permissions to access this page bug when selecting players in Simple Mode. (Thanks Ben!)
- Fixed bug with Mp3 flash maxi player where
<div>container was not closed properly. (Thanks JWM!)
- Fixed bug with PowerPress conflicting with the headspace2 plugin in the blog dashboard. (Thanks digigirl!)
- Fixed Protected Content link by adding slash before wp-login.php. (Thanks Grant!)
<param>tags for player embeds so they are XML complaint. (Thanks billhector!)
- Added alt tags to images to support XHTML.
- Released on 10/13/2009
- Added 4 new mp3 flash players: 1 Pixel Out Audio Player, Mp3 Player Maxi, Simple Flash MP3 Player and AudioPlay player.
- Added PodPress Stats Archive view (option available in Settings > Basic Settings page).
- Added ‘Verify’ media option next to Media URL box to check entered URL and detect file size/duration information.
- Added Password Protect option for Custom Podcast Channels, allows for Premium Content (feature explained and enabled under Tools page).
- Relabeled Custom Podcast Feeds to Custom Podcast Channels to clear up confusion.
- Reorganized settings pages with tabbed sections.
- Beta released between 10/06/2009 and 10/12/2009
- New Password Protected Content feature now applies to both feeds and blog pages.
- Added note in services settings page that the plugin does not require blubrry.com membership or blubrry.com services.
- New Select and Configure link added on the select players page.
- Settings for 1 Pixel Out Audio Player and the Mp3 Flash Maxi player are now in tabbed navigation.
- Reset defaults options added to the 1 Pixel Out Audio Player and the Mp3 Flash Maxi player settings pages.
- Rewrote descriptions for the Password Protected and User Capabilities listed in the Tools page to clear up confusion.
- Beta released on 10/06/2009
- Added 4 new mp3 flash players: 1 Pixel Out Player, Mp3 Player Maxi, Simple Flash MP3 Player and AudioPlay player.
- Added PodPress Stats Archive view (option available in Settings > Basic page).
- Added ‘Verify’ media option next to Media URL box to check entered URL and detect file size/duration information.
- Added password protect feed option for Custom Channel feeds (option enabled under Tools page).
- Media detection for all types of media now uses the same code which is more reliable than the code found in WordPress core.
- New option that may fix issues with themes that strip the player from posts and pages. Confirmed fix works with Hybird based themes.
- Relabeled Custom Podcast Feeds to Custom Channels to clear up confusion.
- Reorganized settings pages with tabbed sections.
- Added new Video Scale setting, users can choose between ‘scale’, ‘tofit, or enter their own scale value such as 1.5.
- Added new ‘E-Book PDF’ label for download links of PDF files.
- Added new CSS class to download links in the form of powerpress_links_EXTENSION, where EXTENSION is replaced with the media file extension in lower case. e.g. powerpress_links_mp3. Learn more: PowerPress Advanced Tweaks
- Update iTunes Listing option in Podcast Channels and Podcast Category Feeds is now independant of main Update iTunes Listing setting.
- Made additional tweaks to further support the old PodPress [display_podcast] shortcode.
- Released on 10/01/2009
- Fixed minor bugs with mp3 media detection: proper user agent set, logic added to deal with LibSyn 406 error, and media detection script can now be used for detecting file size for other media types.
- Improved iTunes subtitle so value is contained within one line.
- Fixed bug with mv4 video displaying incorrectly in PowerPress player.
- Released on 9/21/2009
- Fixed code that detects media information when encountering redirects. Bug only affected users who did not have cURL configured in PHP.
- Updated code for obtaining the uploads directory.
- Added new Diagnostics page, diagnostics test checks if blog can obtain media information from media URLs, if you can ping iTunes, if you can upload podcast artwork and system information. Option also included to email the results to a specific address.
- New Diagnostics page accessible via PowerPress > Tools > Diagnostics.
- When ‘PodPress Episodes’ setting enabled, we now process downloads with podpress_trac in the URL. This fixes issue for some users who have old podpress media links in their blog posts after PodPress is disabled.
- When ‘PodPress Episodes’ setting enabled, we now insert a player for the PodPress [display_podcast] shortcode.
- To eliminate confusion, the Mp3 Tags settings page does not appear unless you’ve configured Blubrry Services with hosting.
- New define added
POWERPRESS_DO_ENCLOSE_FIX, when defined true in the wp-config.php, PowerPress will add the Media URL to your podcast episodes as a comment in your post content to prevent WordPress do_enclose() function from deleting them later. Learn more about bug here: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10511
- Changed language from “Pinging iTunes” to “Update iTunes Listing” to clear up confusion what the feature does.
- Shortocde now includes download and play in new window links.
- Simplified logic for pulling PodPress stored episode data.
- Updated some grammar and setting labels so they are easier to understand.
- Fixed bug with the “Use blog post author’s name for individual episodes setting”.
- Added Sample Rate and Channel Mode warnings, a warning is now printed if sample rate is not 22Khz or 44Khz and Channel mode is not stereo or joint stereo.
- Released on 9/12/2009
- No longer checking content type returned from servers, check affected video podcasters who have no control of their servers.
- Added Media URL redirect warning when redirects exceed 5, previously this was an error.
- Better detection used when server does not support HTTP URL connections, we now display a message when
allow_url_fopensetting is disabled and cURL library not available.
- Blubrry Services Integration, added message when authentication failed and display error when web server does not support Blubrry services.
- Added new background color option for podcast episode box, configurable in the Custom Podcast Feed > Edit Feed screen.
- Made Category Feed Settings, Custom Feed Settings, Movabyle Type and PodPress import screens WordPress 2.6 compatible.
- Added wmode: ‘transparent’ setting to Flash player so pop-up HTML divs can display over top of the flash player.
- Added extra check to prevent page errors when displaying old PodPress data in blog pages.
- Added note in PodPress Import screen: If you are unsure about importing your PodPress data, try the option under Basic Settings titled ‘PodPress Episodes’ and set to ‘Include in posts and feeds’.
- Added logic that detects if
open_basedirare on, to handle redirects directly rather than in the cURL library.
- Released on 9/02/2009
- When we release 1.0 of PowerPress, new features will be added separately so bugs introduced by new features do not effect the existing plugin.
- Fixed bug introduced in 0.9.6, caused by the array_unshift() function. Its behavior was not consistent and has been removed. Bug caused a chain reaction of bugs, its fix resolves the following: Play in new Window error: Unable to retrieve media information, Episodes randomly not appearing in post pages, Previous PodPress created episodes no longer appearing.
- Fixed bug with publishing a new post with media file warning messages for curl_setopt() function
- Fixed bug for PodPress data that is wrongly serialized in database. WP 2.8+ get_meta_data() function was returning false rather than the damaged serialized string.
- PodPress Import improved, some cases PodPress data in the database is double serialized, new code resolves this complexity with help with bug fix above.
- Select Media screen, better message printed to user when they are not a media hosting customer.
- Fixed bug with RSS language tag for Custom Podcast Category feeds.
- Cleaned up code for jQuery/Thickbox screens.
- Added extra security checks and additional Nonces checks to ajax methods added by PowerPress.
- Added option for Blubrry Services users to be able to delete uploaded media
- Released on 8/31/2009
- Fixed array_unshift() for users in simple mode, bug created in 0.9.6 release.
- Fixed link to change from simple/advanced modes, bug created in 0.9.6 release.
- Fixed bug with changing Blubrry Services account email address.
- Released on 8/31/2009
- Added Auto Add Media option, auto adds first/last media link found in post content. (default is off)
- Added option in Appearance settings to disable player per custom podcast feed basis.
- Added option to Episode Entry Box Custom Mode to select iTunes Explicit setting on a per episode basis.
- Added note when in simple mode if there are advanced mode settings that take precedence.
- Fixed bug with language setting not getting applied to the default PowerPress custom podcast feed in some cases.
- Fixed a bug in the getid3 library where it would occasionally not detect the media duration.
- Detecting mp3 duration change, increased the amount of the file downloaded from 25k to 40k for users who have a lot of tags in their mp3 files.
- Consolidated duplicate code for detecting media information.
- Display error message when PowerPress cannot detect media file content type.
- Display error message when PowerPress cannot detect media file size and duration information.
- Display error message when PowerPress encounters an error with Blubrry Services.
- Stream lined code for loading PowerPress general and feed settings.
- Added more aggressive code to prevent WordPress from deleting enclosures when scheduling blog posts.
- Improved the look of the AJAX windows for selecting media/configuring services.
- Fixed bug where ‘more’ link for statistics would fail if user was not a blog admin.
- Added code to admin_head() function so css/js only included on appropriate pages (Thanks @Frumph!).
- Made Default Podcast Episode first media player listed when displaying multiple players on page.
- Blubrry Media Hosting list of uploaded media screen enhanced with new in-page media upload option and monthly quota information.
- Fixed bug with Podcast Category feed links to FeedValidator (thanks Darcy Fiander).
- Fixed bug with Podcast Category feed title not matching the feed image title FeedValidator (thanks Darcy Fiander).
- Fixed Windows Media embed issue with Firefox 3.x+ and re-added note to use the Firefox Windows Media addon.
- Released on 8/15/2009
- Redirect logic enhanced to track in page plays for users using the Blubrry/RawVoice/TechPodcasts statistics redirect system.
- Fixed bug where
morelink would occasionally disappear in the Blubrry PowerPress Statistics Dashboard widget.
- Released on 8/10/2009
- Fixed bug with setting width of video player.
- Added logic to always use the FlowPlayerClassic.swf player for flv video files.
- Released on 7/31/2009
- Added option for wp-config.php
define('POWERPRESS_ENABLE_HTTPS_MEDIA', 'warning');to allow https:// links but still display a warning message.
- Finalized code for new powerpress_player filter. Filter will be used in the up coming 1.0 release of Blubrry PowerPress.
- Fixed bug with setting specific language in a custom podcast feed.
- Released on 07/23/2009
- Fixed logic error for new window player, now only displays embed or player, not both.
- Fixed content-type detection bug introduced in version 0.9.1.
- Added code to auto-correct the content-type in the feeds if it is invalid.
- Updated readme.txt to use the recommended Changelog format.
- Released on 7/22/2009
- Added new define for wp-config.php
define('POWERPRESS_ENABLE_HTTPS_MEDIA', true);for allowing https:// media links.
- iTunes ping logic updated to support scheduled posts as well as category and custom podcast feeds.
- iTunes URL setting added to category and custom podcast feeds settings page.
- Latest iTunes ping status now displayed below iTunes URL setting.
in_the_loop()check added to 0.9.0 removed which broke some themes.
- Screenshots updated.
- Released on 7/20/2009
powerpress_get_enclosure()courtesy functions for theme developers to obtain enclosure data
- changed the icon used for selecting blubrry hosted media
- added m4b and m4r to list of detected audio formats
- relabled Redirect Feed URL to FeedBurner Feed URL to clear up confusion.
- Completely revamped the on page and new window players, removed the “play in page” options as they were a source of confusion for some users
- Added code to support poorly written themes that capture post content incorrectly,
- New powerpress shortcode added, enter within your post and the player will be inserted at that location, player.
- New embed option added to episode entry box, displayed just above the built-in player.
- New option to remove the player on a per episode basis.
- New optional episode entry fields for iTunes Keywords, iTunes Subtitle and iTunes Summary.
- Added courtesy functions
get_the_powerpress_content()for theme developers to use for special themes. Example usage:
<?php if( function_exists('the_powerpress_content') ) the_powerpress_content(); ?>
- Fixed bug with
require_once()calls on some servers displaying a fatal error.
- Fixed scheduled posts bug with WordPress 2.8+.
- Released on 6/27/2009
- Fixed bug with feed redirect URL setting for custom feeds
- added option to disable the dashboard statistics widget
- fixed 2 bugs with Blubrry hosting integration: media URL field no longer read-only after publishing and ID3 write tags bug fixed.
- Released on 5/31/2009
- Fixed conflict with Twitter Updater bug when user is using PHP4 (Not a bug for PHP5 users) and fixed error on line 310 in the edit Feed settings page. Option added under tools to clear the Update Plugins Cache in WordPress. Added new user capabilities for viewing podcast statistics, for blog users who may have dashboard access but shouldn’t have access to the podcast statistics.
- Released on 5/28/2009
- Fixed bug with line 930 printing warning in podcast feeds.
- Released on 5/28/2009
- Fixed bug with merging custom feed settings with regular feed settings
- fixed bug where exerpt not used as itunes summary
- added new error reporting when editing posts/pages and integrated Blubrry Services (optional)
- Added multi-language support to the custom podcast feeds.
- Added better listing of custom feeds on the main feed settings page.
- Add new feature under Tools section for adding Update Services / Ping sites relevant to podcasting.
- Added new select mode screen for new installations.
- Added podcast category feeds.
- Added statistics view to WordPress Dashboard.
- Write mp3 ID3 edit screen added for Blubrry Hosting users.
- Released on 4/21/2009
POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITYdefine typo, incremented version check (PowerPress now requires WordPress 2.6.x)
- fixed bug where player.js was not included in the header if simple mode was used
- made the enhanced itunes summary set on by default for new installations
- detecting additional file types
- add new import episodes previously created in Blogger/Movable Type, fix bug where channel link matches image link, no longer including empty duration values in feeds, fixed bug with curl-setopt function printing a PHP warning in some situations, added warning when user enters an unknown media redirect url.
- Released on 3/26/2009
- Re-ordered change log so latest release is listed first rather than last.
- Fixed powerpress_bloginfo_rss() warning message that occurred for some users
- Updated the itunes_url setting to handle the latest itunes URL itunes.apple.com
- No longer including revision posts in the PodPress import episode utility
- Fixed bug with iTunes author setting not getting applied to feeds
- display player in excerpts checkbox bug fixed, no longer including player code in HTML headers if not necessary
- fixed duration bug with 1:00:60 which now reports 1:01:00
- feed settings are now used for custom feeds that do not have settings of their own
- added additional fix for FeedSmith when permalinks is not enabled
- fixed bug where feed settings were not being applied to podcast feed in simple mode under some situations
- fixed bug with enhance podcast only and main site feed only setting, fixed bug with pinging iTunes with CURL missing SSL certificates, and fixed itunes ping for latest itunes.apple.com one click subscribe links.
- Released on 03/11/2009
- Improved flash player loading on pages with multiple podcast episodes
- Detecting file size when specifying duration bug fixed.
- Fixed bug where duration would sometimes save minutes over 60 rather than rolling over one hour.
- Added new Simple and Advanced Modes.
- Advance mode adds 5 new pages (Basic, Appearance, Feed Settings, Custom Feeds and Tools).
- New Edit Post settings section added which allows user to toggle between a simple and normal edit episode boxes. The simple mode displays only the Media URL field. Users can now set the width of the audio player as well as the width and height of the video player. New language added to the Feed Settings page to better explain the apply settings to setting which is now renamed “Enhance Feeds” setting. Added new Enhance iTunes Summary from Blog Posts option, which intelligently takes web links and links to images in your regular blog post into a readable and clickable format for the iTunes summary. Custom feeds including the default podcast feed include additional options such as setting the number of most recent posts in the feed, customizing the feed title, description and landing web link, as well as full support for redirecting feed to a hosted feed service such as FeedBurner.com. The new Custom Feeds section allows user to create an endless number of podcast specific feeds either for separating long and sort formats and/or media types such as ogg, wma and mp3. New Tools section allows users to re-import PodPress settings (typically imported automatically upon first install), Import PodPress episodes with a detailed table of media files with options to specify which media files go to which feeds. Tools page also includes an option to add Edit Podcast Capability for User Role Management. Added Nonces support to all edit and delete transactions to admin pages. Added simple mode for podcast episode boxes in the edit post screen.
- Released on 03/10/2009
- Beta release only intended for a handfull of beta testers.
- For full list of changes, please refer to version 0.7.1
- Released on 02/20/2009
- Fixed warning from being printed when v0.6.3/v0.6.4 used with PHP4. Bug only affected users using PHP4.
- Released on 02/16/2009
- Fixed bug where post_password_required() function does not exist, bug only affects users using WordPress blogs older than version 2.7.
- Released on 02/16/2009
- Options are available as defines to add to the wp-config.php and are documented near the top of the powerpress.php.
- Added option in settings to display player in excerpts.
- Added code to repair corrupted Podpress data for displaying previously created podpress episodes. Note: Podpress data corruption was originally caused by previous versions of Podpress.
- Added code to prevent WordPress from auto adding enclosures created from links to media found in the blog post.
- Released on 01/26/2009
- Added option to reset rewrite rules when settings saved to fix problem with podcast feed returning 404
- logic added to prevent FeedSmith plugin from redirecting podcast feed
- added support for the Kimili Flash Embed plugin
- Released on 01/20/2009
- Player now handles Windows Media (wmv) in Firefox, offering link to preferred Firefox plugin
- now using the wp_specialchars() function for adding entities to feed values
- fix problem with themes using excerpts not displaying the player correctly (Thanks @wayofthegeek for your help)
- a number of other syntactical changes.
- Released on 12/17/2008
- Fixed bug with podcast feed in WordPress 2.7
- Added defaults for file size and duration
- Added iTunes New Feed URL option.
- Released on 12/14/2008
- Fixed bug with the feed channel itunes:summary being limited to 255 characters, the limit is now set to 4,000.
- Released on 12/10/2008
- Added podcast to pages option (Thanks @Frumph)
- Added code to make sure the itunes:subtitle, keywords and summary feed tags never exceed their size limits.
- Released on 11/26/2008
- Added options to report media duration and file size next to download links.
- Removed optional defines
POWERPRESS_ITEM_SUMMARY, defines no longer necessary.
- Added itunes:author and itunes:subtitle to header portion of podcast feeds and itunes:summary to post items. No longer removing quotes or extra spaces from itunes summary. Player auto-play bug fixed when quicktime files mixed with mp3s. Added new option to ping iTunes in a new browser window. Verify flash player check added, WordPress auto plugin update will corrupt the flash player. This bug is fixed in WordPress 2.7 beta 2 and newer. Media URL now displays a warning if the value contains characters which may cause problems.
- Released on 11/02/2008
- Fixed quicktime in-page player bug
- Fixed bug which caused itunes keywords and subtitle to be blank and incremented version number.
- Released on 10/24/2008
- Fixed auto-play bug found in last update, only affected quicktime files with the play on page option.
- Released on 10/21/2008
- Added two new play options adding ‘play on page’ links with and without play in new window links and now use a customizable play image for quicktime formatted media.
- Image may be customized by adding a define(‘POWERPRESS _ PLAY _ IMAGE’, ‘URL to image’) to wp config file.
- Released on 10/05/2008
- Added alternative logic for those who host their blogs on servers with
- Released on 10/02/2008
- Fixed bug and added enhancements: iTunes subtitle, keywords and summary values now properly escape html special characters such as added define for adding itunes:new-feed-url tag, added define to display player for legacy Podpress episodes only.
- Released on 09/24/2008
- Added important feeds list in feed settings
- logic to prevent stats redirect duplication and added podcast only feed.
- Released on 09/17/2008
- itunes:subtitle bug, itunes:summary is now enabled by default
- add ending trailing slash to media url if missing, and copy blubrry keyword from podpress fix.
- Released on 08/11/2008
- Initial release of Blubrry PowerPress