We’re just learning the power of Value4Value for podcasters. Blubrry recently released this new RSS feed feature and we are excited to see where it leads for podcasters. Todd and Mike discuss how it works in details and some of the other Podcasting 2.0 tags released in PowerPress recently.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- The State of Podcasting 2022
- The Ambies announce their nominees for 2023
- PodcastGuests.com announces acquisition
- Spotify CEO “I may have gotten carried away with spending…”
- Drift Off With Joe Pera, a new podcast
Value4Value is more than a tech thing; it’s a way for your audience to support and interact with you and your show. It’s an alternative to advertising which can free you up to do things on your show that advertisers may disapprove of.
Setting up Value4Value is getting easier for both the podcaster and the podcast listener. As an example, here at Blubrry, we have partnered with Alby to make getting a wallet easier.
Check out more info here: https://value4value.info
Here are the steps to set this up on your podcast with Blubrry.
- Sign up for an account at getalby.com
- Fund your wallet over there
- In your Blubrry feed settings (PowerPress or Publisher) link your account to Alby in the Experimental tab
- Promote on your show that you are now V4V enabled
- Tell your listeners to check out a new podcast app over at newpodcastapps.com
- PowerPress 9.10 is out. It has all the Podcasting 2.0 features that we have rolled out so far.
- If you’re headed to Podcast Movement Evolutions in March and would like to schedule a meeting with us, do so here.
- Todd and Mike will be on the Podcasting 2.0 show with Adam Curry and Dave Jones tomorrow. Check it out here or watch for a live notice in Podverse or Podcast Addict (you must subscribe to the show first).
Blubrry Pro Tip
AI, don’t think so
Question of the Week
Question: I’m using PowerPress for my feed and want to switch to using Blubrry Publisher. Is this possible? What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
Answer: Yes, this is possible. The disadvantage is that your feed will no longer come from your own domain. The advantage of this would be that you don’t have to worry about the functionality of your website to keep your podcast online.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? OR a subject you would like us to cover on the show.Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video), and we may use it. You can also post a question on the Blubrry Podcasting Facebook group.
Produced and edited by the Blubrry Pro Production team.
Thanks for listening to Podcast Insider. Join us next week or better yet, Subscribe or Follow in the podcast app of your choice.
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from Columbus, Ohio & Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235