Spotify vs. Apple Podcasts, a seemingly never-ending debate in the podcast world. As the number of podcasts launched and released has gone up in the past few years, as had the number of podcast listeners. One analyst recently claimed Spotify is catching up to Apple Podcasts, when it comes to podcast directory and we (MacKenzie filling in for Mike) just don’t see it. Tune in to hear why.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live in central Ohio and southern Michigan; here’s Podcast Insider.
- One analyst says Spotify is close to Apple in the number of podcast users. We know this is not true.
- A starter course designed for journalists looking to enter into podcasting.
- Africa Podfest: The Road to Africa Podcast Day 2022.
- The Ambies are open for entries.
Paying for and/or obtaining podcast art. Be careful who you choose.
- Enhanced hosting plans at Blubrry! See more here.
- Blog Post: Jobs in podcasting you never knew existed by Meryl Klemow
- Our interns are working on a podcast of their own, will be released shortly called Internal Affairs.
Blubrry Pro Tip
Don’t worry about Spotify or Apple picking up your episodes if you are doing it the Blubrry way! by Toby Goodman
Question(s) of the Week
Question: Does Blubrry support video podcasting?
Answer: Yes! Files are larger so you will need to be on an advanced plan or Pro Hosting. All the functionality is there in all of our hosting plans for video, it just depends on your file storage needs.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
Last week Mike went live on Facebook to debate whether shows should be recorded live; you be the judge. Be sure to Subscribe or Follow at PodcastHelpDesk.com. This show is where Mike gets to geek out on the tech side of podcasting and do a deep dive into it.
The best place for any Blubrry support is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). This gives the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180, Columbus, Ohio 43235