Once you’ve done the initial setup to begin using Blubrry Publisher, you’ll need to complete all of the settings required for your Blubrry Publisher podcast RSS feed. This video also covers the entire process of setting up and using Blubrry Publisher:
Required Blubrry Publisher Settings
Access your Blubrry Publisher settings by following these steps:
1.) Log in to your blubrry.com dashboard
2.) Click the Show link in the lefthand sidebar; click the Manage link
3.) Go to the Settings tab
You must complete these settings in order to have a valid podcast RSS feed:
- Title: Enter your show title only; avoid adding keywords or other descriptive details.
- Artwork: Upload your show artwork here.
- Summary: Enter a short summary of your show; no more than a couple sentences.
- Description: Enter a detailed description of your show.
- Author/Artist: This can be your show name, a podcast network name, a business name, host/cohost names or anything else you’d like to be displayed as the creator of your show; avoid adding keywords or other descriptive details.
- Feed Email: Enter a valid, working email address you have access to; many podcast-listening apps/directories will use this address to communicate with you.
- Language: Select the primary language spoken by the host(s) of your show.
- Blubrry Category: Choose the category that best describes your show; this is for use by Blubrry services only.
- Explicit Content: Choose “Yes” if your show contains explicit content; choose “Clean” if your show does not contain explicit content.
- Apple Categories: Select up to three categories for your show; you must select at least one, with Category 1 being the main category where your show will be listed within Apple Podcasts and most other podcast-listening apps/directories.
You can now click the Save Changes button and your podcast RSS feed will have everything it needs in order to be submitted to podcast-listening apps/directories.
Advanced (Optional) Blubrry Publisher Settings
Go to the Advanced tab to display optional settings you may want o complete. These settings are not required by the majority of podcast-listening apps/directories.
- Credits: Use this section to list regular contributors to your show. Enter a contributor name into the Author/Artist field; select that person’s role in your show from the Role dropdown menu; if you’d like to include a profile picture of this contributor, copy/paste the URL of an image file for that person into the Person Image URL field; enter a link to a webpage or social media account for this contributor into the Link URL field. Use the Add Role link to list multiple contributors.
- Max Episodes per Feed: Set this menu to the total number of episodes you’d like to include in your show’s podcast RSS feed; this will directly affect the number of episodes displayed in most podcast-listening apps/directories.
- Last Episode Number: This setting is automatically generated and under most circumstances should be left alone.
- Frequency: Set this to match the frequency with which you normally publish episodes.
- Parental Rating: Choose the setting that best fits the content of your show.
- Location: Enter the location where your show is produced (example: Columbus, OH, USA) into the Location field; enter geographic coordinates into the Geo field; enter OSM (Open Street Maps) coordinates into the OSM field.
- Copyright: Enter copyright year, name, and other related details.
- Podcast Type: Choose the type of podcast you’re publishing; Episodic is the default option and will work for the majority of shows; only choose Serial if you’re producing a specific type of show like a seasonal show; Note: you don’t want to randomly switch between Episodic and Serial; it’s best to choose one option and stick with it for the duration of your show.
- Media File Naming: If you’d like Blubrry to name your media files using a specific format, choose “Yes” and set the naming options accordingly; “No” is the default option and is recommended for the majority of shows.
- Txt Tag: You may be asked by podcast apps/directories to enter information into this tag. Otherwise, it should be left blank.
When all of your settings are in place, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Experimental (Very Optional) Blubrry Publisher Settings
Go to the Experimental tab to access more optional settings. Experimental options are somewhat advanced; be sure you know what you’re doing before using them. Setting them incorrectly could break your show’s podcast RSS feed.
- Value4Value (V4V): This option allows your audience to provide direct financial support to your show via the Lightning Network (Bitcoin). Blubrry has partnered with Alby to make receiving these payments as easy as possible but it is not mandatory to use Alby to receive V4V payments. Once you have your show’s Lightning Address, Custom Key, Custom Value, and PubKey information (from Alby or a different V4V solution), copy/paste them into the corresponding fields. If you want to split Lightning payments between different people, enter the first payment split into the Split field. Add additional splits by clicking the +Add Person link.
- Donate Link: Copy/paste a URL for a dedicated financial support webpage that includes links to different payment methods or enter a direct link to your show’s PayPal donation page, Patreon page, etc. into the Donate URL field. Enter a label such as “Support” or “Donate” into the Donate Label field.