Before you can submit you podcast to Apple Podcasts, you need to have the following:
- Podcast title. Do your research, make sure the title you want is not already taken, something memorable or catchy, and not violating any copyright laws.
- A brief description. This is what people will read when they find your sure in the iTunes directory.
- Program subtitle. This is essentially a short description that subscribers will see in most apps, but not in iTunes listings.
- Primary category. Select at least one; you can choose up to three total.
- Explicit tag. It’s now a requirement to choose Clean or Explicit. Choosing explicit may result in your show not showing up in all Apple Podcasts directories around the world, for example India does not show explicit content.
- Author email. Choose or create an email address that will be associated with this podcast and that you check regularly. Your Apple ID is best (you will need one to submit your podcast anyway).
- Your artwork. The image needs to be a square JPG or PNG formatted image at least 1400 x 1400 and at most 3000 x 3000 in size in RGB color space (1400 x 1400 JPG image recommended). This is set in the Podcast Artwork area of PowerPress.
- Create a post. You need to have created at least one blog post with media (a podcast episode) in either mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, pdf, or epub format. This post needs to be published, not in draft mode or non-public (private).