Podcast Artwork Image Required
Your podcast artwork image must meet Apple Podcasts’ guidelines. These specifications apply to all other podcast directories and apps as well.
Your image must have dimensions of at least 1400 x 1400 pixels in .JPG or .PNG format and should not exceed 3000 x 3000 pixels. The file size should be no larger than 0.5MB (500kb) and should use RGB color space.
We recommend a square image of 1400 x 1400 pixels in .JPG format as it is the standard for most podcast directories. Note that this image is not displayed during episode playback, but PowerPress has additional options to enable that functionality.
If you change the artwork image without changing the file name, it may take some time for directories to update the image. Please allow up to 24 hours for your image to update after making a change.
To change or add artwork in PowerPress, follow these steps:
- Go to the feeds menu in PowerPress for the feed you’re working on. PowerPress > Settings > Feeds in the main channel or Feeds in the Category Podcasting or Podcast Channel area.
- Select Podcast Artwork in the white sidebar.
- Check the box that says Also use as RSS image below the Apple podcasts image box.
- Click Upload Image.
- Select your image from your computer.
- Hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that a full URL to the artwork appears in each of the two boxes.
For a tutorial on how to add or replace artwork in the PowerPress plugin, check out this video:
While it’s possible to use episode-specific images, not all podcast apps and platforms support them. To add these images, use the settings within the Podcast Episode box or add them to your ID3 tags if you’re using MP3 media files.