How To Move Your Web Podcast Hosting To Blubrry
All migrations from your site include free phone/email support to assist in your transition.
All podcasters get 30 days of free service which includes free migration of all your media. Also included in that is podcast media hosting, free standard podcast stats, and a free managed WordPress site if you need it with each account. Use promo code blubrry005.
This is assuming you are using a self-hosted WordPress site along with the PowerPress plugin. If you are using another system, please contact us.
- Keep your episodes online until you are done with the migration steps below.
- Set up your show listing at Blubrry by logging in and using your RSS feed from your WordPress website (if you are not listed on blubrry.com already). Find this address in the “feeds” tab in PowerPress under Podcast-Only feed.
- Start your Blubrry podcast hosting account.
NEW! Podcasters aiming to migrate their shows to Blubrry can do so in a simple, three-step process:
- Request migration
- Wait for migration to complete
- Update the site with just one click
By design, the system migrates each file linearly; this is optimal for podcasters who are currently hosting their media on their website or with a service that cannot serve multiple files at a time. Depending on the source, the process could take a few minutes to a few hours. Once completed, the website and podcast can be updated to the new media URLs with just one click.
OR if you are not using PowerPress
- Navigate to blubrry.com and log in. Go to “Manage Account.” Select your show from the green pull-down menu.
- Select “Content” and click on “Migrate Media.” This process is automated but will take a day or two to complete. You will be notified when the media has been moved over. We will move up to 10GB of your media and it will not count toward the monthly upload quota of your hosting plan.
- You will need to update the media links on your own website. If you are using WordPress + PowerPress we have provided a tool called “Find and Replace Media” that will allow you to quickly update all your media links. If you are not using PowerPress, there is a great WordPress Plugin that is called “Search and Replace.”
- We strongly suggest you back up your WordPress database before you change over the media links.