To move your media to Blubrry from Anchor, follow these steps:
All migrations from Anchor include free phone/email support to assist in your transition.
All podcasters get 30 days free service which includes free migration of all your media, hosting service include Media Hosting, Standard Stats, and a free managed WordPress site is included if you need it with each account. Use promo code blubrry005
Leave your Anchor account active until you are done with the migration steps below (or longer if possible).
Set up your show listing at Bubrry by logging in and using your OLD RSS feed from Anchor (if you are not listed on blubrry.com already).
Start your Blubrry hosting account at http://create.blubrry.com/resources/podcast-media-hosting/.
- Podcasters aiming to migrate their shows to Blubrry who have been using WordPress / PowerPress already and linking to the Anchor media file can do so in a simple, three-step process within PowerPress. Note this only works if all your media is linked in your wordpress blog. If not skip to the next section.
- Request migration
- Wait for migration to complete
- Update the site with with just one click
By design, the system migrates each file linearly; this is optimal for podcasters who are currently hosting their media on their website or with a service that cannot serve multiple files at a time. Depending on the source, the process could take a few minutes to a few hours. Once completed, the website and podcast can be updated to the new media URLs with just one click.
OR if you are not using PowerPress
Navigate to blubrry.com and log in. Go to Manage Account. If you don’t see your podcast, select Change Program and select it from the list available.
Select Migrate Media from Another Service and add your Anchor RSS feed. This process is automated but will take a day or two to complete. You will be notified when the media has been moved over. We will move up to 10gb of your media and it will not count toward the monthly upload quota of your hosting plan.
- Once migration has completed, you will see your episode posts in Manage Episodes and your media files in Manage Published Media.
- Be sure to add your information in the Podcast Settings area so your feed has everything it should. You’ll find your new Blubrry RSS feed under Hosting Settings.
Unfortunately, Anchor does not give you a way to do a 301 redirect of your podcast feed away from their service. The best way to keep most of your subscribers is to do the following:
- If you submitted your podcast to Apple yourself (not through Anchor), change your RSS feed in Apple Podcasts by logging in, selecting your podcast and pasting your Blubrry feed in the Feed URL box.
- If Anchor submitted to your podcast, you will need to resubmit it with your new podcast feed to Apple using a slightly different name (to be changed back after it’s approved).
- 30 days before you quit uploading to Anchor, create two versions of your podcast episodes: one normal and one that will have an announcement at the beginning of the show that says, “If you are hearing this, you will not receive the new episodes after xxx date. I am moving the feed and the new feed is available at <your Blubrry Directory listing>.” Make sure you have your RSS feed available on your website and/or in your post for each episode. Also put the announcement at the end of the podcast episode.
Upload the “normal” episode to your Blubrry hosting account and publish.
Upload the “announcement version” to Anchor and publish.
After 30 days (or four episodes) make one more that says, “This feed has moved. Please continue to listen to the show, go to <web address here> and re-subscribe.”
Upload and publish to Anchor.
We suggest you leave your Anchor account active for at least 30 days to make sure your listeners get the change.