Spotify is a digital music streaming service that provides access to a vast library of songs, albums and playlists. Users can create personalized playlists, discover new music, and enjoy ad-supported or premium ad-free listening experiences on various devices. As a Spotify partner, Blubrry can submit shows directly to Spotify. Note: Blubrry can only do this for shows hosted by Blubrry.
Important: The advantage is having Blubrry submit your show is that you are guaranteed to have your media on passthrough so that all of your Spotify plays can be measured. If you manually submit, your media could be cached by Spotify, eliminating your ability to monetize with dynamic ads.
Requirements to Add Your Podcast to Spotify
- You must be a current Blubrry Media Hosting customer.
- Spotify requires all audio to be in ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Part 3 (MP3) audio with bitrates between 96 and 320 kbps. In other words, an audio MP3 file with good quality audio.
- Each media file you publish must not exceed 200MB in size, which is approximately 83 minutes at 320Kbps encoding or over 200 minutes at 128Kbps encoding.
- Artwork image dimensions must be at least 1400 x 1400 pixels in .JPG or .PNG format and must not exceed 3000 x 3000 pixels. It must use RGB color space and the file size must be 0.5MB (500kb) or less.
- All podcast feeds must have a title, image and at least one episode to qualify.
Add Your Podcast to Spotify
- Sign into your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
- In the left-hand menu, select Show, then Destinations.
- Click the Get on Spotify link inside the Destinations box.
- If you’re using Blubrry Publisher, your podcast feed URL may be pre-filled, but if it isn’t, you can find it under Show > Manage. If you’re using PowerPress, go to PowerPress Settings > Feeds. Copy/paste your show’s podcast RSS feed URL into the Podcast Feed URL field; click the Next button.
- Make a selection in the Home Territory dropdown menu.
- Select the best category for your show from the iTunes Category dropdown menu.
- Agree to the Spotify Terms and Conditions by checking the two boxes underneath the dropdown menus.
- Type your full legal name into the Signature box.
- Click the Submit button.
It can take several days for your show to get listed on Spotify. Check the Get on Spotify section of your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard for your show’s submission status.
- Spotify is not accepting shows that contain copyrighted music or other licensed material.
- Spotify is sensitive to specific content types and removes episodes regularly that do not meet their content standards around specific topics that have been popular starting in 2020.
- Spotify does not accept any podcast RSS feeds that include video files, even if the feed contains only one video file.
- Shows not using Blubrry Media Hosting can be submitted to Spotify here.