As a Spotify partner, Blubrry can submit shows directly to Spotify. Note: Blubrry can only do this for shows hosted by Blubrry.
Requirements to Add Your Podcast to Spotify
- You must be a current Blubrry Media Hosting customer.
- Spotify requires all audio to be in ISO/IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 Part 3 (MP3) audio with bitrates between 96 and 320 kbps. In other words, an audio mp3 file with good quality audio.
- Each media file you publish must not exceed 200MB in size. 200MB is approximately 83 minutes at 320Kbps encoding or over 200 minutes at 128Kbps encoding.
- Artwork image dimensions must be at least 1400 x 1400 pixels in .JPG or .PNG format and must not exceed 3000 x 3000 pixels. It must use RGB color space and the file size must be 0.5MB (500kb) or less.
- All podcast feeds must have a title, image and at least one episode to qualify.
Add Your Podcast to Spotify
- Sign in to your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
- Click the Get on Spotify link inside the Destinations box.
- Copy/paste your show’s podcast RSS feed URL into the Podcast Feed URL field; click the Next button
- Make a selection in the Home Territory dropdown menu
- Select the best category for your show from the iTunes Category dropdown menu
- Agree to the Spotify Terms and Conditions by checking the two boxes underneath the dropdown menus
- Type your full legal name into the Signature box
- Click the Submit button
It can take several days for your show to get listed on Spotify. Check the Get on Spotify section of your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard for status of your show’s submission.
- Spotify is not accepting shows that contain copyrighted music or other licensed material.
- Spotify does not accept any podcast RSS feeds that include video files, even if the feed contains only one video file.
- Shows not using Blubrry Media Hosting can be submitted to Spotify here.