People, specifically creators may ask, has podcasting peaked? We don’t really think so, but listen to today’s episode to find out exactly why. MacKenzie joins Mike to discuss Tik-Tok entering the podcasting arena, working for Howard Stern, podcast websites and a whole lot more.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- Tik-Tok is ‘going’ after podcasting.
- Want to work on the Howard Stern channel? They’re hiring now.
- Pocket Casts mobile apps are now open source
- The Podcast Academy announced three new board members. Congrats!
- Podcast releases new episode on cassette
- YouTube introducing a new identity feature, handles.
Website or at least dedicated web page for your podcast. Creating a place where people can easily locate any links, social media tags, episodes, merch, etc. is going to make your life as a podcaster easier.
- Blog Post: When to Rebrand Your Podcast by Tara O’Brien
- Podcaster of the Month: Kimberly Cain from The Naked Vibes Show
- Todd is at Ignite the Sound in Riyadh, SA
- We are working on bringing some more Podcasting 2.0 features to our platform. To check out Podcasting 2.0 enabled apps, visit https://podcastindex.org/apps and try out a new listening app with some of these new features.
Blubrry Pro Tip
Has podcasting peaked?
Question of the Week
Question: When is the best time to record a podcast?
Answer: 11am EST on Thursdays 🙂
There is no perfect time for everyone, but there is a perfect time for YOU. Whenever you have the time. Hopefully at a quiet time of the day in your household or recording spot. Podcasting is an “on demand” medium. That not only goes for the listener, but the podcaster as well.
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan & MacKenzie’s undisclosed location in Columbus, Ohio. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235