Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 17:35 — 24.3MB) | Embed
Podcast Reviews Can Be Beneficial, But Are They All They’re Cracked Up to Be?
You’re familiar with podcast reviews and more than likely have read some yourself about a show before you’ve given it a listen. Today, we discuss the benefits of having them and if they are really all that important in the grand scheme of podcast creation.
Today’s Hosts: MacKenzie Bennett and Todd Cochrane
Learn the Ins and Outs of Podcast Reviews
Benefits of Podcast Reviews
- Gives new listeners the general overview of the show.
- Can demonstrate respectability.
- Social affirmation of the show’s relevance and consistency
- People put a lot of weight behind reviews – we’re used to it with every purchase we make nowadays.
- Learn more in an article from Podcastle on some of the benefits of podcast reviews.
Keep a Cool Head
- Similar to podcast statistics, if you’re receiving an influx (or none at all), the reviews can become stressful very quickly.
- Take all of them with a grain of salt.
- Remember, not everyone will like you – that’s perfectly ok!
- Keep your ego in check and weigh the reviews. There’s a good chance you’ll gain valuable insights.
Apple Review Myth
- More reviews doesn’t mean that you’ll end up in New and Noteworthy. Trust us.
Find Apple Podcast Reviews in Blubrry
- You can now find the reviews in our Statistics Dashboard under Audience and Apple Reviews.
- If you have any issues, let our support team know 🙂
So, You Want More Podcast Reviews
- Ask for them!
- Consistently remind your audience and familiarize them with the process.
- Work with other podcasters — swap reviews — but be authentic.
Got a subject you would like us to cover on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it. You can also post a question on the Blubrry Podcasting Facebook group.
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235