Profiting from your podcast is common and something that most creators consider or hope for at some point. Today, we discuss the ways that podcasters can make money from their shows.
We hope you enjoy today’s episode of Podcast Insider; we’ve worked hard to ensure that you’re getting the best podcast knowledge. We’ll still be periodically having guests, so if you’re interested in being featured reach out to the team.
Today’s Hosts: Todd Cochrane and MacKenzie Bennett
Monetize Your Podcast
The many ways in which you can monetize your podcast
- Programmatic advertising: anyone can do this and ads can be about anything, however you’re not in control as the creator
- Sponsorships and ad deals: specific to that campaign and have detailed requirements within a contract
- Stats factor into any type of ad deal often times
- Can be dependent on whether you have built an audience
- Joining an ad network can ease the process of finding advertisers and deals
- Call-back to last week’s episode, very simple once it’s properly set up
- From Podcast Index team – Blubrry has implemented many of the tools recently
- Loyal listeners may be inclined to donate to you
- Tried and true, it’s easy to add a donation button to your website anywhere
- Cashapp and Venmo are now also very popular and easy to use for this
- Early release of episodes for members
- Ad-free versions of the show
- Bonus content
- Extended content
- Apple premium
- Allows for simplified premium listening for the audience (and our integration for creators)
- There are lots of different ways to go about this
Selling Your Own Stuff
- Other products you produce or sell
- Paid webinars, summits and events
- Promoting your business
- Affiliate marketing
- Ads on your website
And of course, just do your podcast for the fun of it and forget the idea of monetization. That is the great thing about podcasting; it’s inexpensive and it’s quite fun.
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235