Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:00 — 78.3MB) | Embed
An essential part of how podcasting came to be, the iPod, is no longer. Apple has decided to discontinue making and selling iPod Touches, the most recent iteration of the original iPod. Along with news from Apple, big things are happening at Sounds Profitable, with Tom Webster leaving Edison and joining their team.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
• Tom Webster is partnering up with Sounds Profitable
• Apple says no more iPods. Rip the iPod!
• Geek News Central 1,600 episodes!
• Listener retention is podcasting’s biggest challenge
• Online background noise remover for $7.99 monthly, Noise Destroyer
• Podcasters are earning more than $40,000 a day with boosts
• Podcast advertising reaches $1.4 billion
• Joe Rogan has the last laugh with more listeners
• Fun site: Podcast Details
If you are going to miss a show, schedule a backup host, do a replay, or pre-record if you can. Staying on schedule is important because people build your show into their lives. If you skip too much, they will drop off.
- Annual billing is now available at Blubrry!
- Blog Post: Podfaded at Podfest – by Kim Krajci
- Todd and Mike will be at Podfest Expo in Orlando May 26-29th. Come see us there!
- Todd and MacKenzie will be at ATD in Orlando next week
- May is a busy month for events for our team and our dev team will be working hard to get some new features released in early summer, so stay tuned.
Blubrry Pro Tip
Private podcasting for your business
Liz Brunner – Blubrry’s April Podcaster of the Month
Question of the Week
From Neil Smith at the Dandy Fun House podcast…
Question: There is a discussion on one of the podcast forums today where someone is claiming that PowerPress generates RSS feeds. I’ve used it for years with my own RSS feed address and have never heard of it having this capability. Does PowerPress generate RSS feeds?
Answer: Yes, sort of. PowerPress generates a podcast-only RSS feed for your podcast. That means any posts that have enclosures (podcast episode files linked) will show in this special feed, but other posts that do not have media attached will not. This RSS feed is BASED on the stock WordPress site feed. PowerPress also can add podcast-related tags to any feed on WordPress.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studio in Coldwater, Michigan & Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
NEW! Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
• Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
• Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235