One of the greatest benefits of audio shows is the ability of remote podcast recording. The ability to bring any hosts, guests, etc. together for a podcast is easily one of the most advantageous factors of the medium. And it can be quite easy. We recommend some tips for any remote recording you’ll be doing for your show.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Headliner now helps you post to YouTube automatically. Remember, they’re a partner of ours!
- Amazon Music launches synchronized transcripts for podcasts
- Almost half of podcast listeners in the U.S listen to an indie podcast at least once a week
- Congratulations to Bradley Tirpak, the new CEO of Libsyn Inc.
- National Podcast Posting Month is going on for the month of November, http://napodpomo.org. (Mike is doing it this year with Mike Dell’s World)
Remote recording of podcast guests (or if you are a guest)
- Do not use Bluetooth or wifi to record interviews.
- Use a wired connection to a computer.
- Wifi can lag in time causing uncomfortable gaps and talking over each other.
- Do not use Apple AirPods or any other Bluetooth microphone or headset.
- Bluetooth lag can be as bad as wifi lag
- Use a USB microphone if possible.
- Some hosts have a couple of mics they will send out to guests before interviews.
- Or call in using a cell phone, the audio will be better that way.
- Be sure to do a quick test record.
- Blog post: How to be a great podcast guest – by Meryl Klemow
- Our next webinar, Podcasting With WordPress and PowerPress is Nov. 30th at 3:30pm
- Getting closer to the big stats update! Stay tuned.
- PowerPress 8.7.5 is out. More bug fixes
- Be sure to follow us on social. Our interns Mandy and Chau are knocking it out of the park on Instagram and TikTok (and all the rest).
Blubrry Pro Tip
It’s all about cross-promotion.
Question(s) of the Week
Question: How can I get a PowerPress shortcode to work on the WordPress web page to show a list of the recent episodes?
Answer: First, Enable the “PowerPress Playlist” in the advanced menu of PowerPress settings. Then, put
Bonus Support Topic: Put your email in your feed settings.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studios in southern Michigan and Mike Dell’s World Studio in northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235