Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:09 — 95.0MB) | Embed
Many podcast listeners are dedicated to one specific podcast listening app. But, is it time to try a new podcast app? This goes for any podcast listener. Many changes have been made to apps recently and the true function of the RSS feed and subscribing have been changing in the past few years. No better time than now to encourage your listeners, friends, family, etc to try out a new podcast app.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live in northern and southern Michigan; here’s Podcast Insider.
- Podcast Companies (producers) are not liking Apple Podcasts Subscriptions very much
- Media Monitors launches podcast monitoring service
- Outlier Podcast Festival has been postponed
- WWE Podcasts to become Spotify exclusive
- Snipit.fm, short form podcasting network
- Podnews.net’s editor, James Cridland kicked off of Fireside Chat for pointing out anti-creator terms
Encourage your listeners to to try another podcast app
With Apple Podcasts now delaying the release of new episodes, even to “Followers” of your podcast, maybe it’s time to try another app and encourage your listeners to do the same. Apps like Overcast for iOS are direct subscribing apps that allow you to get the episodes as soon as they are released instead of waiting the 4-24 hours or more that it takes Apple to update.
- Podcast stand-alone apps
- New onboarding at Blubrry with free 30 day trial
- Pro hosting management is now easier
- Blog Post: Did you attend PM 2021? By Troy Price
- PowerPress update, 8.7.1 with bug fixes
- Affiliate payments go out this week
- New Blubrry Dashboard beta is coming soon
Blubrry Pro Tips:
Considering Your Show Format by Toby
Question(s) of the Week
Question: How early ahead of time should I submit my podcast to Apple, Spotify, etc if we have a specific launch date?
Answer: Apple says 1-5 business days, Spotify isn’t specific but if submitted though Blubrry, it will be up within 2 days. What I would suggest is do you trailer or episode zero and submit the feed to all places at least 7 days ahead.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
Podcast Help Desk, the companion podcast to this one, will resume the first week of September. Be sure to Subscribe or Follow at PodcastHelpDesk.com. This show is where Mike gets to geek out on the tech side of podcasting and do a deep dive into it.
The best place for any Blubrry support is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). This gives the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180, Columbus, Ohio 43235