The team is proud to announce the launch of Private Internal Podcasting by Blubrry. We’ve nicknamed it PIP and go over all the details on what we offer in this week’s episode. Our plugin, PowerPress also has a new beta available for 8.3, we’re still looking for additional testers.
Before we discuss our new product, they chat about the new exclusive licensing deal Joe Rogan signed with Spotify. Many podcasters and podcast listeners had lots to say on the matter.
And if you’re a current podcaster, considering starting a second show, take our advice and ensure that you have the time, money and motivation to manage two or more shows at the same time.
Thanks for joining us this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live from two well-separated and socially distant podcast studios in northern and south Michigan, here’s a Podcast Insider show LIVE.
This week on Podcast Insider…
- Joe Rogan signs deal with Spotify Marco from Overcast had quite a bit to say on the matter, he tweeted, “moving an existing, open, free show behind a proprietary wall results in massive audience loss. I hope he at least leaves his public feed up so he can return to it when his Spotify exclusivity fails.”
- Podcast Addict was removed from Google Play App Store and now its back.
- Google Podcasts 2.0 on iOS adds Apple Carplay
- British Podcast Awards Nominations are out, take a look here.
- Desktop podcatcher “Winds“, from GetStream.io is an open-source desktop and web app.
- 2020 Webby Awards have been announced. Read the podcast results here.
- Best Practice: Second Shows. When is a good time to start a second show? What’s the best way to set up a second RSS feed? Remember, a second show is the same amount of work as the first one so make sure you have the time and motivation to keep it going. We love it when our podcasters want to do a second show, but please plan ahead to make sure you can keep it going.
- PowerPress 8.3 beta is now available. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- Private Internal Podcasting, PIP, has finally launched.
- No interview this time around, but the podcast featured Jeff Levine, Marketing Manager, from the team.
- PowerPress Sites Upgrading and Downgrading: If you have a PowerPress site Deluxe (includes domain mapping), and are upgrading or downgrading your plan, make sure you check the box that says “I also want a website for my podcast” and select the Deluxe website. Then checkout as normal.
- Caching: Some (most) sites include caching and there are 100 ways to clear the cache depending on what system you’re using. Look for something that says ‘Clear cache, purge cache, empty cache or even DELETE cache in the menus on your WordPress site.’ This should be done whenever you make changes to your website so the rest of the world sees your changes right away. Most of the caching plugins do delete the cache when you publish a post, but not always. This can cause delays in your episodes making to the RSS feed.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from two very separate podcast studios in Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only) Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235