Todd and Mike recorded this podcast live to change it up a bit and to showcase how easy it can be to record a podcast during a time when almost everyone that can work from home, is. We’ve got PSAs available to all podcasters to use in their podcast about coronavirus.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded Live from two well-separated and socially distant podcast studios in Michigan, Podcast Insider LIVE show.
This week on Podcast Insider…
- Don’t start a podcast! Well, obviously we’re kidding but we’ve gotta keep the humor going during times like these.
- COVID-19 update, we have PSAs available for podcasters to use on their show.
- Zencaster has removed their 8-hour free limit – now providing free accounts until July (In response to COVID-19).
- Amazon smart speakers lead the market in the US and will most likely stay that way.
- A new site, aiming to be “The Rotten Tomatoes of Podcasting”, called PodFavs.com. This could turn into something cool!
- Eventbrite, the popular ticketing company, is holding onto all ticket money from events. Not exactly a good look at this current time.
- To practice social distancing, a remote recording is likely your best option for podcast interviews (at this time). Audio quality might take a hit, but it will keep you safe AND keep your content releasing. There are a lot of ways to do this:
- Double Ender
- Blubrry Pro-Production
- Working from home continues for the Blubrry staff, staying safe. Hope you are as well!
- We now have passthrough with Spotify stats. You will start to notice your Spotify stats are now in your Blubrry stats. This is only for those that submitted to Spotify thru Blubrry.
- March newsletter is out!
Joe Pardo – Dreamers Podcast and founder of Independent Podcast Conference
- Show notes displays: They are different on each app and are hard to control overall. Dave, from our support team, is working hard to find out what part of the feed each app utilizes and displays; we’ll update you with results. Keep it simple and don’t give them a choice. Just put whatever you want to show everywhere in the post content area and then don’t worry about the apps.
- Google Podcasts: Again, they work differently than the other directories and apps.
- Shawn’s Tip: PowerPress Website Tab settings explained (part 1)
Contact Joe Pardo here…
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from two very separate podcast studios in Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only) Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235