Three long-time podcasters on the show this episode of Podcast Insider; Todd Cochrane, Mike Dell and special guest, Daniel J. Lewis. They discuss current industry news and even get into a case from many years ago concerning patents and podcasting.
Thanks for joining us this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
This week on Podcast Insider…
- iHeartMedia announces technology transformation and new organizational structure, aka layoffs.
- Spotify – Podcast Producer for ‘Owned Channels’: Looking for a job, give this a shot.
- Podcast Patent Troll: This is case is finally over!
- DJL: Luminary is slashing prices
- Consent in podcast directories: Are you being asked to add your show to apps or directories?
- DJL: Podcast related jobs: From Apple Jan. 13,14,15.
- Be everywhere you reasonably can be, your podcast that is. This means in podcast apps and directories; the more syndication, the better.
- January newsletter is available
- Blubrry blog and Podcast Insider are together again! We’re back on the main Blubrry.com site. www.blubrry.com/podcast-insider.
- Columbus Podcast Meetup – Jan. 28
- Blubrry Academy (Columbus, Detroit this spring and summer)
Daniel J. Lewis – The Audacity to Podcast
- Directory update times: Apple, Google, Spotify and whatever other directory or app can take time to update. 24 hours is not abnormal.
- Known issue with Divi version 4. Issue with RSS enclosures. Use default WordPress editor for Podcast posts.
- Determining how much space you have left for the month on your Blubrry hosting plan.
Contact Daniel J. Lewis here:
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
- Get on Todd’s one-on-one schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (hosting customers only)
- Get on Mike’s schedule for a tech checkup. email@example.com (hosting customers only)
- Send us a sticker and a SASE and we will send you a care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd.
Columbus, Ohio 43235