Effectively Promoting Your Podcast Following These Dos and Don’ts
When it comes to promoting your podcast we have laid out some of the things to remember, the dos and don’ts have you, of promoting your podcast. Lastly, know that promoting your podcast is an ongoing effort. It may change over time, but following these steps may help me gain a larger audience more effectively.
Today’s Hosts: Todd Cochrane and MacKenzie Bennett
Promoting your podcast can be a fun and engaging way to connect with your audience. Each show is different, but that is part of the experimentation. Luckily there are a number of ways to promote your show and that comes with some overall dos and don’ts, which we’ll share with you today.
Dos and Don’ts of Promoting Your Podcast
- Define your audience – you’ll find it eventually, but have a target in mind and don’t scream into the void
- Measure your efforts – is it going well, ok, bad?
- Use the same name/branding on each platform
- Stay active and on a semi regular schedule
- Word of mouth is still king and queen
- Accessibility – transcripts and video
- Be spammy or too aggressive
- Keep it simple for relatively anyone to understand – some jargon is ok, but you want to be able to bring in others as well. Too much mystery will turn people away
- Fall behind schedule!
- Don’t leave your potential audience in the blue – lead them to the correct website, directories, your site, etc.
If you have any dos and don’ts that we left out and you’ve had your own experience with, please share them with the team!
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system. Tickets give the whole team access vs. direct emails or calls.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Hosting customers can schedule a one-on-one call with Todd or a tech checkup with Mike
- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org