Once you get the dream guest, you need to nail your podcast interview. Easier said than done for most, so we are here to provide some tips on how to approach your podcast interview. Along with our interview tip from the Pro-Production team, we also have articles about the Hot Pod Summit, Facebook Live Audio and what to do with your podcast around the holidays.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- Hot Pod Summit recap, from Ariel Shapiro.
- Scripted podcasting still hasn’t had its “Serial” moment
- How Crooked Media combats the right-wing talk machine
- Why late-night comedy shifted to podcasting
- Facebook Live Audio rooms closing Dec 1st
- Podcast statistics providers that are IAB certified will have to be re-certified annually from now on. More details here.
- Overcast is discontinuing the web version of the player
- Speaking of Overcast, Dave Jackson from School of podcast is moving from Overcast to Castomatic for his own podcast listening
- Lead Balloon recorded an episode in an F-18 fighter jet (episode 37 and a YouTube Video)
The holidays are here. Should you take a break over the holidays?
Ways to keep your audience listening if you do take a break:
- Pre-record episodes if you show lends itself to it
- Do a best of show with clips from past episodes
- Everyone is familiar with a re-run
- Perhaps a cross-post with another podcast (with permission of course)
- Play podsafe xmas music? 🙂
- PowerPress updated to 9.7.2. Be sure to keep ALL your plugins up to date in WordPress!
- We are working hard on some new features like Podcast 2.0 tags/features and some integrations with 3rd party services you will love!
- We are having an open Q&A about starting and growing your podcast, with Todd and Mike. The webinar will be next Tuesday, November 15th at 4:30pm EST. Sign up here.
Blubrry Pro Tip
Nail Your Podcast Interview: How to approach an interview as the host.
Question of the Week
Question: From Jimmy in the Blubrry Facebook group: Is there a way to distribute my podcast feed to SoundCloud?
Answer: SoundCloud is not a syndication point. It’s an origination point (like YouTube). You have to publish directly on there to get something on SoundCloud. it’s not worth the trouble.
The best place for support with any Blubrry product or service is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Production Studio in Coldwater, Michigan & Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235