Explaining to your boss or company why your business should have a podcast isn’t always an easy conversation, but it can be done well! Follow a few simple steps to convince the decision maker on your team the value of podcasting. Dave and MacKenzie guest host this episode as Todd and Mike are both out, attending Podfest.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- American Girl launched a podcast network, starting with three shows.
- YouTube is the most popular platform for podcasts that post video shows.
- SiriusXM has made yet another podcast acquisition, this time Coco Podcast Company for Conan O’Brien’s podcast.
- WTF with Marc Maron has signed a deal with Acast for the next three years for his show, moving away from Stitcher.
- Blubrry is somewhat unique in its approach to podcasting, since we have multiple options for publishing. To make your life easier, be sure your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard is set to show if you’re using PowerPress or Publisher. Do this by clicking the gear icon in the Podcast Landing Page card and selecting the appropriate option – “I don’t need a website,” “I would like a WordPress site from Blubrry,” or “I have a website.” This ensures that we’re displaying the correct settings when it comes to episode creation.
- Blog Post: Stalking Your Prospective Audience Without Being Creepy by Kim Krajci
- Todd and Mike are at Podfest Expo this week in Orlando
- Drop by the booth near the main expo hall entrance and say hi!
- Todd will be speaking, 17 Years in Podcasting: Strategies for Success, at 3:45 pm on Friday the 27th
- See Mike on a panel for Rebranding Your Podcast at 10:45 am on Friday the 27th
- We’ll be out this upcoming Monday for Memorial Day.
Blubrry Pro Tip
What Tone Do You Podcast In?
Question of the Week
Question: How do you get your idiot, know-it-all, boss to understand the value of podcasting?
Answer: Data. First and foremost, there is data that confirms how many people listen to podcasts. Edison Research and Nielsen are great for this. And then harp on the ways in which you’ll be able to reach customers. And lastly, come in with content ideas and some logistics. Also important, costs! Shop around for pricing for every thing you’ll need — sometimes including asking other team members if they’ll be able to add this to their plate or an outside freelance hire, etc. They’ll come to understand the value of podcasting if you give them reason to.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the Blubrry studio in Columbus, Ohio & Dave’s Studio in Logansport, Indiana. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team. (nobody in Michigan this week!)
NEW! Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
- Use the survey and let us know what else you want as we gear up for V2.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235