As with any new year, so comes inevitable change, i.e things deciding to end things but also begin. This week we share stories on reviving the podcaster hall of fame, new podcasts and a few tales on how not everything lasts and the power of saying no.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Todd: CES show round up
- Podcaster’s Hall of Fame back on for 2022
- Podcasting hasn’t produced a hit in years! Welp.
- Spotify Studio team laid off, last day is Jan. 21.
- Is podcasting killing AM talk radio?
- Dana Carvey and David Spade are doing a podcast called Fly on the Wall, an inside look at SNL.
- Too busy (lazy) to podcast? Use AI. Bert Weiss to use synthetic voice to do promos, liners and podcasts.
- A new podcast of radio vets swapping stories, Radio Daze
- Is Facebook editing music out of your podcast?
An interview can be used as a cheap and easy way to entertain your audience, but it requires your participation too to be done well. A question here and there doesn’t cut it.
- Blog Post: How I Use My Podcast’s Twitter Account As a Resource by Jen Thorpe
- PowerPress 8.7.9 is out now, mostly bug-fixes.
- Tell us why you should be Podcaster of the Month, submit under Other.
- Be sure to check out our Facebook Group. Blubrry Facebook Group and all the other social media platforms. Look for blubrry or blubrry_podcasting.
Blubrry Pro Tip
When to say NO!
Question(s) of the Week
Question: I looked at my feed and my posts are being cut short and at the end, it has “This post originally appeared on (link to my website).” How do I turn that off?
Answer: It’s a setting in the Yoast SEO Plugin. Go to the SEO menu in your sidebar, click on “Search Appearance” and then click on the RSS tab. Blank out any boxes in there that have any code or text in them. Lastly, save your changes.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studio in Coldwater, Michigan and Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235