Congratulations to all podcasters today, and give yourself a pat on the back, because it’s International Podcast Day! Learn a little about how people celebrate and lots of announcements that have come out this week. The People’s Choice Podcast Awards are being hosted Thurs. Sept. 30, watch this evening to celebrate.
- Happy International Podcast Day!
- NPR’s Car Talk is leaving the radio after 54 years (seven years after one of the co-hosts passed away). It continues as a 2x weekly podcast.
- Podcast SOP, a new app for podcasters to organize their show’s workflow.
- A new podcast audio checking service has been launched, Vib3s.
- The People’s Choice Podcast Awards ceremony is tonight at 9 PM EST.
- Shure MV7x costs about $180 ($250 for the USB/XLR version).
- Podcast Movement Evolutions is accepting speaker proposals.
- PlutoTV fined $3.5 million for breaking closed captioning rules.
Merchandise and swag for your podcast
- We’re continuing to work on UI/UX updates, but have nothing to release currently, more coming soon (later this year).
- Want a sneak preview of new stats? Email Todd.
- Blog post: How to create a more inclusive space in podcasting by Tara O’Brian
Podcasting with WordPress Webinar today at 3:30pm eastern (for the live viewers). YouTube link will be sent out after the webinar so sign up even if you can’t attend live.
Blubrry Pro Tip
How monitoring with headphones makes a huge difference in your show.
Question(s) of the Week
Question: Where can I find my RSS feed? (Blubrry’s new dashboard)
Answer: For Blubrry publisher users, it’s found in Dashboard under show and then Manage. In PowerPress, go to the feeds menu of PowerPress settings and it’s right at the top of the page.
Question 2: When is it time to pod-fade a show? How would I go about doing that?
Answer 2: When it’s no longer fun, profitable, or you have no time to do a good show. When you have run out of motivation is also a good time to kill a show.
How? Easy, just stop doing it. If you want to remove it from the internet, good luck! Once something is out there, it’s going to be hard to make it go away completely. You can turn off your hosting though.
May be time to release a goodbye episode and leave that up for some time.
I also have a feed you can redirect your show to that explains that this show is no longer available. Feel free to use it. Just redirect your feed to: https://feeds.blubrry.com/feeds/deadshow.xml
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming at you this week from Blubrry Studios in southern Michigan and northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235