Kate from Blubrry’s Pro-Production team joined Mike Dell on this episode of Podcast Insider to discuss the new Podcast Academy, smart speakers, show notes and more. The announcement of the Podcast Academy brought many reactions – good and bad. Todd does make an appearance this episode in the interview with Trevor Bell from The Iron First and the Velvet Glove.
Thanks for joining us this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
This week on Podcast Insider…
- The Podcast Academy – Announced at Podcast Movement Evolutions in LA. Not to be confused with the Academy of Podcaster’s Hall of Fame. Lots to take in and reflect on here, in the continue indie vs. pro podcast world. Kate would love to hear your opinion on this subject, email her, email@example.com. If you’re part of the original Hall of Fame, she wants to help get it back on track.
- Want to work at Apple? They’re looking for a Head of Podcaster Relations. They seem to be putting concentrated efforts to keep up with Spotify and others, who are all working towards the same goal.
- Staples has installed podcast studios in their concept stores. It’s a great idea with lots of potential, curious to see where it will go as they try to simplify a podcasting problem.
- Smart Speakers broke a new record! In 2019 Amazon and Google combined to a record breaking number of speakers sold. In a more and more automated world, this will only become more important in podcasting.
- Show notes: They’re more than just a description of what was discussed during the podcast. They’re a powerful tool, and even better Pro-Production offers this as part of their service.
- PowerPress 8.2.4 is out! Just a few more bug fixes, should be the last one for a while.
- Todd is speaking at Spark Christian Podcast Conference in Houston this weekend.
- The team is also prepping to attend Podfest in Orlando soon; MacKenzie, Todd and Angelo will be there. Nominate your favorite woman podcaster for a winner announcement there.
- And then we’ll be attending NAB in Vegas this April. More info coming soon.
- Trevor Bell – The Iron Fist and the Velvet Glove
- We’ve noticed lots of people moving shows to different websites, rebranding and generally changing things up; as one does the first quarter of the year. Two words of caution: GO SLOW! Know exactly what you are doing before you do it, or ask us! Moving or rebranding a show has to be done in a particular order to maintain the connection with your audience. We’ve done it 3 times here on this show and haven’t lost anyone. Call us, email us, just get ahold of us before you make any big tech moves. It’s much easier to do it once correctly than fix it after a mess up.
- Artwork: You have to follow certain specs, or you’re out of luck. Artwork must be 1400x1400px or 3000x3000px, SQUARE, in RBG, jpeg or png and under 500kb (about 1/2 MB in file size). In PowerPress, there are two places that image must be linked. The Artwork tab of PowerPress settings in both the Apple image and the RSS2 Image box. (Should be the same).
- Shawn’s PowerPress Tip of the Week.
Contact Trevor Bell here…
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only) Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235