Industry studies and surveys are giving insights into podcast creators and listeners. Todd and Mike discuss a few that came out recently and some that will come out soon. They also talk about new feature coming to Blubrry soon! (Media Kits!)
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- Sounds Profitable did a report on podcast creators.
- According to Podcast Index, there are over 50,000 open video podcasts up from 39,000 last November.
- Podcast Movement is running a survey for podcasters. They are going to be doing one for listeners and they want your input on what do you want to know from listeners. Take the survey here.
- Edison Research invests in larger sample size.
Do not be afraid to try new things on your show.
This can keep both you and your listeners interested.
- Mix up the format from time to time (one thing at a time)
- Try a new segment
- Mix up the order of segments
- Go live on Facebook, YouTube or Twitter
- Do a video version of your show
- This could be bonus content you can refer to in your audio show
- New Artwork
- Freshen up the artwork from time to time
- Maybe use episode images
- Blog post: Your Company Should Be Podcasting – By Tara O’Brien
- Do you have a media kit? Soon, we will help provide you with one!
- Todd has been on a lot of interviews lately. Here is one of the great ones!
Blubrry Pro Tip:
Podcast Networks *Beware!
Question of the Week: How do I check to make sure everything is working when I publish an episode? I want to make sure my episode updates on Apple, Spotify and the rest of the apps.
Answer: This is what I do personally and recommend to our clients.
- After Publishing, Clear any caching on your website (if you are publishing on a WordPress site)
- Hit PLAY on the player in your post. Go to your post as a normal human would and simply hit play. If you hear your show start, it’s been posted correctly.
- Load your RSS feed address in the chrome browser. I know, in most cases it looks like a bunch of code (which it is), but if it loads up and doesn’t hang up or give you some sort of error, it’s good.
- Go to castfeedvalidator.org
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it. You can also post a question on the Blubrry Podcasting Facebook group.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from New Media Production studio in Coldwater, Michigan, and Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
NEW! Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235