Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:37 — 25.3MB) | Embed
There are many responsibilities that come with being a podcast host and creator. Some of which include: deciding on what type of content to publish, what platforms you’re comfortable being on, and this one can be more important than some think, the help you ask for along the way. We urge you to be wary when you begin working with or choose to hire a podcast consultant. Tune in for these topics and more on this episode of Podcast Insider.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
No live show this week.
- Joe Rogan responds to ongoing controversy
- The hosts of Science Vs. go on hiatus over the Joe Rogan policy
- There is a new Neil Young channel on SiriusXM satellite radio
- Amazon paid $100 million for My Favorite Murder
- Serial released a new season this week, set in Birmingham
Be very careful who you hire as a podcast consultant.
- Blog Posts: Build your audience with great podcast interviews – Part 1 and Part 2 by Kim Krajci
- Final preparations are being made for stats beta coming next week!
Blubrry Pro Tip
Conversations vs Soap Boxing
Question of the Week
Question: Why are my stats reporting downloads? What about people hitting play on my page? Are those counted?
Answer: To the server, plays and downloads are the same thing. Whether this is playing on a web page or downloading in an app. The only difference is when someone hits play on your page, the file is downloading AS it’s playing (you can’t tell the difference unless there is significant buffering). But to the server, it looks the same. So, they are counted the same.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from Todd’s home in Southern Michigan and Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235