Blubrry Podcasting is moving quickly and within the next several days Blubrry Podcasters will get the opportunity to test our new modern dashboard. We look forward to getting your feedback as well. The entire Blubrry team has been involved in its creation and we are excited to show it off.
- Joe Rogan losing influence after going exclusive on Spotify
- Reply All apologizes for a US Military recruitment spot in their show
- Podcast Addict (Android App) has added a cool alarm clock feature
- Melbourne Podcast Fest will not go on this year
- Having trouble naming your new podcast? Try this AI Based podcast naming site We put in “Podcast from the insiders at Blubrry Podcasting talking about podcasting” and got some good ones. “Podcast from the insiders at Blubrry” “Blubrry Podcasting Insider Podcast“ and the ever-popular “Podcast Insider”
Best Practice: If your show is published from WordPress, Don’t let a “Web Designer” move you off WordPress!
- Be careful about who you hire to build you a website. Do they know ANYTHING about Podcasting?
- If in doubt contact your podcast host before doing anything to your website
- Wix, Squarespace, and Kajabi CAN do podcasting, but it’s not their focus.
- PowerPress by Blubrry IS 100% focused on Podcasting.
- New Dashboard – Beta coming very soon. Watch the top of the Podcaster Dashboard at Blubrry for a link to try out the new Dashboard.
- Pro services management – You can now order AND manage your pro account yourself. No contact with Blubrry’s staff is required. (adding shows, billing, adding services)
- Blog Post: Negative comments
- Podcaster of the Month – LaJoy Mercer from the Brown Girl Radiance Podcast
- This podcast is being recorded using Riverside.fm
Blubrry Pro Tips: ‘sound design’ by Toby
Interview: LaJoy Mercer from the Brown Girl Radiance Podcast
Question(s) of the Week
Question: Why can’t I find my podcast in Apple Podcasts search?
Answer: Apple is a hardware company, not a search engine company. 🙂 It can take a few days or weeks for your show to show up in search results in Apple. Note, the only thing that Apple searches (currently) is the Title of the overall Podcast, Episode titles and the Author tag. (DO NOT STUFF THESE WITH KEYWORDS)
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
Podcast Help Desk, the companion podcast to this one, will resume the first week of September. Be sure to Subscribe or Follow at PodcastHelpDesk.com. This show is where Mike gets to Geek out on the tech side of podcasting and do a deep dive into it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from Blubrry Studios in northern and southern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235