Blubrry Podcast Player
With Closed Caption Support
Hosting Plan Estimator
Let’s find out which plan is best for your podcast.
Your results will appear here!
Introducing the Blubrry Web Player
Enhance Your Podcast Accessibility with Closed Captioning and Transcripts
In an increasingly digital world, it’s essential to make your content accessible to as many people as possible. That’s why we’re excited to introduce the Blubrry Web Player, a game-changer in the podcasting industry. Our innovative player supports closed captioning and provides seamless integration with transcripts, making your podcast more accessible to a wider audience.
If you use episode-level images, those will appear in your player, similar to how they worked with the standard player below.
You should populate your destinations in the blurry dashboard to ensure that your podcast player subscribe options have to follow/subscribe destination.
The Importance of Closed Captioning and Transcripts
- Reach a larger audience: By including closed captions and transcripts, you’re opening the doors to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community, allowing them to engage with your content. According to the World Health Organization, over 5% of the world’s population has disabling hearing loss, which means you could be missing out on a significant number of potential listeners without these features.
- Improve content comprehension: Closed captions and transcripts can help all listeners better understand your podcast, particularly those whose first language may not be English. By providing a text version of your audio content, you’re supporting their comprehension and increasing their likelihood of becoming loyal listeners.
- Boost SEO: Search engines cannot crawl audio content but can crawl text. By providing transcripts, you’re giving search engines more content to index, which can help improve your podcast’s search engine ranking and increase its visibility.
- Cater to diverse listening situations: Some people might prefer reading a transcript over listening to an episode, mainly when they can’t use audio, such as during work or in a noisy environment. By offering transcripts, you’re catering to these listeners and providing them an alternative way to consume your content.
Closed Caption File SRT or VTT
Transcript: PDF TXT
No Closed Caption or Transcript
Our player is fully compatible with WordPress and with any other website, you may use for your show.
Our Legacy Player remains will be retired in 2023
Free of Blubrry branding, this player will blend in on any website.
Not only is it adaptable to your site and easy for listeners to use, it’s designed to look great on every device. Our player is fully compatible with WordPress and with any other website you may use for your show.
Shownotes: Want to share your shownotes with your listeners? A link to all that crucial information on your site is included with the player.
Download: Easily download podcasts. No searching, it’s right there!
Subscribe: Let your listeners subscribe to your show through MyCast, Apple Podcasts, Subscribe on Android, Subscribe by Email, RSS feed, Google Podcasts and more!
Share: Your episode can easily be shared via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Play, pause, drag to a specific time
- Skip back, skip forward, 15 seconds
- Adjustable playback rate
- Adjustable volume
- Supports all MP3 RSS feeds (not just Blubrry or PowerPress feeds)
- Cover art integration
- Free of any branding
Hosting customers, grab the embed link for each episode on your Blubrry page and add the player to your website.
Want to use this player for your podcast but don’t have hosting with Blubrry yet?