Cultivating The Future of Agriculture | Scott Stump
About the Guest
Scott stump is honored to serve as the chief executive officer of the national FFA organization and foundation. He is excited to lead FFAs efforts to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
Prior to this role, stump served as assistant secretary for the office of career, technical, and adult education within the united states department of education. Prior to assuming this role, Scott served as chief operating officer with Vivayic, inc. A learning solutions provider devoted to helping individuals, organizations and corporations succeed.
Before joining Vivayic, Scott served as the assistant provost/state director for career & technical education (CTE) with the Colorado community college system. Over his tenure with the system stump served as state FFA advisor, agriculture program director and interim president of northeastern junior college during the institutions presidential search process. During his seven-year tenure as a state cte director, Scott has served as an officer for advance cte. Through this role, he served on the national SkillsUSA board of directors as the advanceCTE liaison.
Stump received his bachelors degree in agricultural education from Purdue university and a masters of business administration from western governors university. He began his career teaching agricultural education and biology at Manchester High School in North Central Indiana. Before coming to Colorado, he worked for the national FFA organization managing the national officer team and the national FFA convention.
When not in Indianapolis, stump lives on a small ranch in Stoneham, Colorado with his wife Denise and three children: Brady, ross and Emma. As a father, Scott is proud that all three children are products of FFA and career & technical education.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- According to ffa.org, FFA’s vision is to, “grow the next generation of leaders who will change the world.” Learn how the FFA is making that vision a reality.
- FFA has just launched a new strategic plan in preparation for their 100th Anniversary as an organization. Learn what they believe the future has in store for America’s future leaders.
- Where they see the greatest potential for growth based on the emerging trends in agriculture, including specifically the swine industry.
- How technology will shape the future career opportunities in the swine sector and all aspects of agriculture.
- The ways that the FFA are cultivating future leaders in agriculture.
- Scott Stump’s “golden nugget”