Providing the Best Life For Pigs | Dr. Cara Haden
About the Guest
Dr. Cara Haden received her degree as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2014 from the Iowa State College of Veterinary Medicine. After graduation, she joined Pipestone Vet Clinic as an associate Veterinarian working with independent pig farm clients throughout the Midwest. Today she serves as the Director of Animal Welfare for Pipestone. Cara is also active on social media, showcasing the swine industry and the ways farmers care for their pigs.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- What animal welfare actually means.
- How to properly assess animal welfare.
- How the 5 domains model is being used on farms today.
- Areas that the US swine industry excels in animal welfare.
- Dr. Haden’s challenges for pig farmers to improve their animal welfare.
- Dr. Cara Haden’s “golden nugget”