The Founding Story of Dykhuis Farms | Joseph Dykhuis
About the Guest
Joseph Dykhuis was born and raised on his family’s farm in Holland, MI. Joseph is a Purdue University graduate with a B.S. in Agricultural Economics. Joseph is the President of the family farm, Dykhuis Farms, Inc, a farrow to finish pork producer in Michigan and Indiana. Dykhuis Farms also farm row crops in Ottawa, Allegan and Van Buren Counties. He is a member of the Michigan Pork Producers Association, Michigan Farm Bureau, National Pork Board’s Nominating Committee, NPPC’s Competitive Markets Committee, and serves on the Board of Directors for the Mutual Agricultural Software Association, the ODC Network, and the Michigan Maritime Museum. He and his wife Heather, their son, and three daughters reside in Holland, MI.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Bob Dykhuis founded Dykhuis Farms.
- The importance of good timing and their strategic relationships.
- Selecting the right model to facilitate growth.
- The experience of growing up in a scaling business.
- The challenges that growth brings.
- Joseph Dykhuis’s “golden nugget”