The War on African Swine Fever: Part 2 | Dr. Adrian Balaban & PJ Corns
About the Guest
Dr. Adian Balaban is the executive director of Pork & Co., Cooperativa Silistea Productie Suine, which is also a genetic multiplier for Topigs Norsvin. Additionally, Dr. Balaban serves as the President of the Romanian Association of Swine Veterinarians and serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Romanian Pork Producers Association. He is also a consultant for the United Nations.
- Dr. Adrian Balaban
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Detecting ASF in the herd and the challenges that follow.
- The instant and ongoing emotional toll on employees.
- The logistical challenge that comes with depopulating an ASF sow farm.
- How ASF has become a political disease.
- Dr. Adrian Balaban and PJ Corn’s “golden nuggets”