The Artistry of Meat | Chef Matt Pickard
Matt Pickard is a North Carolina local and is a true southern creative. Not only an artist with food, he is musically and artistically talented as well. Matt has been working in kitchens in Tennessee and North Carolina for 20 years, and the camaraderie and culture ignited his passion for food at 16 years old. He became an executive chef at only 20 years old, and thrived in Nashville, TN while turning his energy as an artist and musician to food as a creative release. With his love and passion for helping those around him develop their skills and teach them new tricks in the kitchen he has inspired many to follow their dreams with his own talents. He has been working back in Charlotte for the last 9 years, and was a co-creator of the menu & concept of a pair of Charlotte restaurants.
What can you expect to learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Chef Matt’s story and inspiration.
- Changes in the restaurant industry since COVID-19.
- Learn about the Farm Haus concept and what makes it unique.
- Techniques of sausage making and best practices.
- What Chef Matt thinks it will take to get people to buy more pork.
- Chef Matt’s “golden nugget”