Why RSS Is Still Important – PCI 303
As podcasting technology advances, some see the RSS feed as a nuisance as opposed to a benefit of podcasting. Todd and Mike discuss why the RSS is still important, even in 2022. Apple divulged some information on iOS16 and ending a deal agreement, SiriusXM is up to additional advertising and more.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- Anchor founder says RSS is hindering podcasting. We do not agree; RSS is still important.
- Apple ends consulting deal with Jony Ive
- iOS16 will have larger music & podcast artwork shown on the lock screen
- Halfway through the year, what’s up and what’s down in podcasting?
- SiriusXM and Comscore Bring Cookie-free Audience Targeting to Podcasts
- Spotify adding video podcasting in 6 more countries
Why RSS coming from your own site important to podcasters
- Blog post: Finding Podcast Advertising by Meryl Klemow
Starting a podcast network?
Question of the Week
Question: How do I get better at speaking into the microphone confidently? (from Reddit)
Answer: Best advice is to PRACTICE! Also, don’t think of the microphone. Think of the person (yes, pick one) that you are talking to. Speak as if you are talking to that imaginary person. If you are having a guest or a co-host, just talk to them like you would over a table at the bar. But again, the more you do it, the better you will get.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it. You can also post a question on the Blubrry Podcasting Facebook group.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Production studio in Coldwater, Michigan & Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
NEW! Fill out our listener survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235