What is Podcasting 2.0? – PCI 289
As always, Blubrry is here to break down the finer technical details of podcasting, this time specifically on what is podcasting 2.0, coming from the Podcast Index team. Once again, we’ve got big news coming from the Blubrry team; we just released a new section in our podcast statistics that displays your audience survey results. Be sure to stick around to the end where we get into the differences on how publishing works and then served to directories, similar to the discussion with podcasting 2.0.
- The Podcast Show in London has announced the first round of speakers and sessions
- What is Podcasting 2.0? Co-founder Dave Jones explains.
- Daniel J. Lewis is celebrating 15 years of podcasting
- Female podcast listener growth has gone up significantly since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Ohio University senior and podcaster lands full time job based on podcasting experience.
- Spotify’s podcast union ready to strike
- Archwell Audio is trying to trademark the word ‘archetypes’
Plan your marketing strategy, don’t just wing it
After you publish a new episode you can post it to Twitter and Instagram, etc. but you can’t expect that to automatically grow an audience. Follow up on these posts, see if they’re getting any traction, reach out for engagement, etc. You can never rely on luck for proper marketing.
- PowerPress 9.0 was released with changes to the onboarding process
- Audience survey results, now found in the podcast stats section, feature charts, and graphs to better understand your data.
- Please take our survey, to see what it’s all about! Thanks! https://surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Another BIG release next week (if testing goes as planned) Stay tuned!
Question of the Week
Question: How long does it take for my episode to be shown on xxx app after I publish?
Answer: It can vary wildly depending on the app or directory. Remember, podcasting is a PULL and not a PUSH. The different apps and directories pull your feed a few times a day at most. The rule of thumb is as follows:
Apple: 4-24 hours.
Spotify: Normally less than 12 hours.
Google: Once you are in there, nearly instantly if you are using Websub (PowerPress has it) otherwise, 4-24 hours.
Overcast and a lot of other independent apps: As soon as your listener opens the app and refreshes.
Others: Don’t worry unless it’s been more than 24 hours. Most update much quicker than that.
Another tip… If you are having trouble with just one app or directory, first check with that app or directory’s support to see if something is going on.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the Blubrry Studio in Columbus Ohio & Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
NEW! – Fill out our survey at surveys.blubrry.com/podcastinsider
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235