Podcast Advertising Choices – PCI 279
Not all podcast advertising is created equal, for instance, a new study says 30 seconds is the best length for an ad. However, depending on where the ad is in the show, it could be better to go longer or shorter. There is no solid rule of thumb. And our best practice encourages podcasters to choose wisely when deciding to partner with a sponsor. Mike and Todd chat about some recent changes to Youtube creators and Spotify artists as well. Looking for Advertising for your Podcast?
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Dan Bongino will no longer be on YouTube
- Jad Abumrad is leaving Radiolab
- Timber, a podcast hosting company, is shutting down. According to Podcasting Sucks with Tanner Campbell.
- Spotify removes Neil Young’s music (at his request). Twitter is full of threads talking about other extremely popular artists on Spotify to take the same action in hopes of Spotify taking it more seriously, such as Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish.
- A study says 30 seconds is the best length for an ad.
- Podinbox launches a monetization feature
Be picky about what you choose to advertise on your podcast.
An advertiser is another representative of yourself and your show. Who you choose to identify with can seem minor but to a certain listener can be a major indicator of something they don’t agree with.
- Blog Post: Newsletters for Podcasters – by MacKenzie Bennett
- Community newsletter went out today
- Our first event of the year is Podcast Movement Evolutions, use the code Blubrry50 to get $50 of your ticket.
Podcaster of the Month: Landis Wade
Question(s) of the Week
Question: Thinking about buying a new microphone! Curious, what aspects do you consider before buying one?
Answer: There are a few things to think about when choosing a microphone.
- Your recording environment.
- Your voice.
- XLR vs USB
Generally speaking, a dynamic microphone is more likely to work for most podcasters.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studio in Coldwater, Michigan and Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235