Mini Podcast Episodes – PCI 270
Tempted to release mini podcast episodes? You’re not alone, and companies and creators alike have the same idea. Mike and MacKenzie discuss the pros and cons of releasing mini podcast episodes, as in 90 second or so, as a whole new podcast or including them in your normal feed, and a new company taking this idea by storm.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Edison Research released the top 50 podcasts by audience size for Q3 2021
- Podchaser partners with Critical Mention to track brands mentioned within podcasts
- Asia Podcast Festival will culminate at the end of the month, awards submissions and accelerator lab are going on currently.
- Racket, like TikTok but for 99 second audiograms.
- Navy Yard, a DC neighborhood, has a new apartment complex in development, featuring a studio for musicians and podcasters.
- Rick Flair teaming up with Mare Madden for a new podcast.
Interact with your social media following
- Blog Post: Barriers to Podcasting by Kim Krajci. Essentially a part two of her blog post in September.
- November Podcaster of the Month: Alan Petersen, Meet the Thriller Author
- Off next week for Thanksgiving
- Working hard on our stats update
- Here is your weekly PowerPress update. 8.7.7 was recently released, fixing a long-standing bug.
The value of replays.
Question(s) of the Week
Question: From a Facebook Group I have a recommendation from a buddy that grew a podcast quite successfully. I release episodes weekly (35-60 minutes depending on guests). His recommendation is to release daily short episodes (60-90 seconds) with a daily snapshot, daily update on a topic of interest to my audience. Has anyone done this?
Answer: I have a long time ago on one of my shows. To be honest, it didn’t do much for my listenership. In fact, I would say it annoyed some of my listeners. Frankly I would be annoyed if I am expecting a 30 min show and I get a 90 second show. Personally, I pick shows by length when I set up a playlist for a particular listening session. A bunch of short shows is ok grouped up, but I wouldn’t listen daily.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the Blubrry Studio in central Ohio and Mike Dell’s World Studio in northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235