2021 was known for mass quitting and hiring, within many fields and industries and podcasting is no different. We discuss some host changes within popular podcasts, hosts quitting, and available jobs within the podcasting industry in what is known as the Great Resignation. Todd is out this week and will be back shortly; big thanks to Toby for starting us off this year with a pro tip focused on first impressions.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Audie Cornish is leaving her position at NPR, co-host of All Things Considered, the latest in a long list of audio hosts that have quit in the past year or so and the Great Resignation.
- Leila Fadel joins All Things Considered and Up First podcast
- Podcaster ordered to hand over interviews that have not aired. Instead, they published them!
- Quite a few jobs listed on Podjobs.net currently
- The Podcast Host’s Podcaster Problems survey 2021
- Public Domain Day
Guest spotlight page on your podcast website
- Working on final touches for some projects we’re planning to release shortly
- Todd is attending CES in Vegas and seeing some fun, new products
- Blog post: New Year’s Resolutions for Podcasters – by Meryl Klemow
Blubrry Pro Tip
Podcast album art – first impressions
Shay Drinkwater from the buzzr pod
Question(s) of the Week
Question: Should I be posting my new podcasts as “Posts or Pages” in WordPress?
Answer: Posts. Pages are for more static content like About pages, welcome pages, pages you use for reference and that kind of thing. Not so much for ongoing dynamic content like podcasts or blog posts. Plus, Pages are never included in the RSS feed. You could (but it’s more complicated) use a Custom post type, but that is too much to go into on a podcast 🙂
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to email@example.com (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the Blubrry Studio in Columbus, Ohio and Mike Dell’s World Studio in northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235