Happy April Fools Day! We promise, we do enjoy helping our customers. One thing we don’t joke about at Blubrry Podcasting is copyrighted music or material. It’ll get podcasters into hot water fast (seriously, don’t be a fool) and we highly recommend getting your intros, outros and any music played in your episodes, from a reputable source where you are most likely going to pay for it. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it just has to be legal.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live from two well-separated and socially distanced podcast studios in northern and southern Michigan; here’s Podcast Insider.
- Entercom, Owners of CBS Radio, Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios and Podcorn changed its name to Audacy.
- Podcast Index now has over 2 million podcasts!
- The Ramsey Show has reached one billion downloads.
- Apple Podcasts Connect has a ‘known issue’ with validating new RSS feeds. They are aware of it and are working on it.
- Serial Productions new 5 episode podcast launching soon. The Improvement Association is about election fraud in small town South Carolina.
- James Cridland pulled off a great April Fools episode/issue of PodNews.net today. We highly recommend it.
- Podcaster Radio expands in the UK to Birmingham, England.
Podcast Intros, Outros and Music
- Do you need a music opener?
- Safe places to get that music. For instance… our partner Source Audio.
- PowerPress 8.5.5 should be out soon fixing a LONG-STANDING bug in Migrate Media. Along with some other minor UI tweaks.
- Collaborations Benefit Podcasters, from our blog.
- PowerPress 8.6 in internal beta. New stats widget and some UI Tweaks. If you would like to beta test PowerPress 8.6, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tip of the Week:
Do you sometimes wonder where a podcast is hosted or what RSS feed a podcast is using? Do you don’t know what yours is (you should know your own RSS feed). You can find an RSS feed of any show using CastFeedValidator.com. Just click on “Find Your Feed” in the upper right. Enter the title of the show as listed in Apple Podcasts and the tool will find the RSS feed. Just click on “View RSS” and it will take you to the RSS address of the show and you can see what the address is.
If you have a question you would like us to answer on the show, drop an email to email@example.com (Audio or text or even video if you want) and we may use it on the show.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/) Sending a ticket gives the whole team access to the question rather than direct emails or direct phone calls.
Be sure to subscribe to the companion show to this one, Podcast Help Desk where Mike goes a little deeper into the geeky and techy side of podcasting.
This week Mike talks with Andy Lehman (maker of the Podcast Namespace WordPress Plugin) about the Podcasting 2.0 and the “podcast” namespace.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from Blubrry Studios in northern and southern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235