Building a show and branding it isn’t easy. There are many facets that go into the making of a show and reputation, and it’s harder than many podcasters expect to create a brand on their own. CastFeedValidator.com is now part of the Blubrry tools and services that are provided to the podcasting community. Changes are not coming soon, as some might have been worried about.
Apple tends to change things up, but one thing they haven’t done lately is change the way ranking works. Mike and Todd are here to debunk some of the ideas that people have around how the entire process over at Apple works. Lastly, as always some tips and insight into support issues that Blubrry faces. Thanks for tuning in to episode 18 of Your Podcast with Todd Cochrane and Mike Dell.
Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
We love our PowerPress users, please leave us a review.
- We bought something! You’ve probably heard already: Blubrry / RawVoice acquires CastFeedValidator.com (and TSG podcasting Plugin)
- Building a show; not always as easy as you might think: What is the value of your podcast brand?
- Joining a network, when to join one and why.
- Apple Podcasts (iTunes) ranking: What does and does NOT affect it.
- Our pet peeves: Asking the same question to multiple team members at Blubrry will get you the same answer (most of the time).
- Apple podcasts subscribe links in PowerPress:
1. Submit your feed to Apple Podcasts.
2. Wait to be approved by Apple (1-5 days, normally faster).
3. Add the URL that Apple sends you in the approval email into the “iTunes Subscription URL” box in the Destinations tab of PowerPress Settings. This populates the buttons and links for Apple Podcasts (iTunes) on your site.
4. Repeat for Google Play, Stitcher and Tunein Radio (you have to turn on those links in the website tab as well).
- Themes and plugins in Blubrry WordPress Website Basic and Deluxe: Why you can’t add your own.
To ask questions or to comment on the show, contact Todd and Mike here: firstname.lastname@example.org