In this episode Mike Dell, Lead Support Tech for Blubrry & RawVoice fills in for MacKenzie who is on assignment. Actually, she’s in Nashville at the Proclaim16 conference along with our CIO Angelo Mandato who reports LIVE from Nashville.
Blubrry Community Newsletter is out on the street, so to speak.
Political Podcasts – There is now a plethora of political podcasts for “political junkies” to enjoy. Jen Thorpe over at PodcasterNews has a list of some of the best political podcasts out there.
Angelo and MacKenzie reporting “live” from Nashville.
The current version of PowerPress is 6.3.2.
It includes some updates for required iTunes items such as Explicit tags and quite a few others. Here is the change log:
- Added import podcast from Squarespace option (thanks Steve for bringing to our attention that importing from Squarespace requires added logic)
- The itunes:summary tag values can now use CDATA encapsulation. Note updated that may not contain HTML, except for hyperlinks. (Thanks Apple iTunes team!)
- Added checkbox to enable wrapping iTunes summary values with
- Added new define option POWERPRESS_FEED_TEMPLATE. (Thanks Ron for the suggestion!)
- Added new define option POWERPRESS_PREMIUM_GROUPS_PLUGIN, for premium podcasting with Groups plugin commonly paired with WooCommerce.
- Removed iTunes explicit ‘no’ value from tag. (iTunes change – February, 2016)
- Updated iTunes recommended image size to 3000 x 3000 saved in a compressed format such as JPG. (iTunes change – February, 2016)
- Fixed notice message from appearing when using the playlist player (Thanks chefjoef for bringing to our attention).
- Added width and height attributes to img tag for the HTML5 audio player image. (Thanks Eduard for the patch and information about the Accelerated Mobile Pages Project!)
- Fixed tab control styling when other themes or plugins use newer versions of jquery-ui.
- Added dismissable notification message to alert PowerPress users of the latest iTunes changes.
Apple Podcasts Connect: Apple changed the way you submit a feed to them to a website based system. We have updated the Podcast Manual with the new information: http://create.blubrry.com/manual/podcast-promotion/submit-podcast-to-itunes/
Blubrry Tip of the Week: (A feature I do at Podcast Help Desk)
Populate your RSS feed setting at blubrry.com if you are not using the blubrry.com feed for your podcast. This gives your listing in the Blubrry directory a way to stay up to date. It also makes it easier for us tech support types to help you troubleshoot any problems you might have.
If you are using blubrry.com for your podcast website, this is not needed and can cause your listing to have duplicates.
Thanks for listening to the PowerPress podcast, Information and Ideas to Power your Podcast, from the Team at Blubrry.
Don’t forget, if you love PowerPress, please rate and review PowerPress here!