Getting Comfortable With Teleheath
Some parents are suspicious of technology when it comes to telemedicine. In this episode we discuss the role that telemedicine has played during the COVID-19 pandemic, how to successfully use telehealth to augment your child’s medical care including indications for virtual vs. in-person visits, and share tips on optimizing your tele-experiences. We also address the safety of returning to in-office care.
This episode written by Drs. Sophia Giang, Lena van der List and Dean Blumberg.
· Healthy Children Telehealth Services Start With Your Pediatrician
· The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Delivery of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Services Through Telepsychiatry
· Thomas S. Nesbitt, The Role of Telehealth in an Evolving Health Care Environment: Workshop Summary The Evolution of Telehealth: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
· James P. Marcin, Pediatric Research Addressing health disparities in rural communities using telehealth
· American Academy of Pediatrics Guidance on Providing Pediatric Well-Care During COVID-19
· Doximity 2020 State of Telemedicine Report