The Postgrad Podcast
Episode 8 - The Long Haul (Robert Langellier)
After graduating from the University of Missouri with a journalism degree, Robert took a unique approach to repaying his student loans: he became a long-haul truck driver. After a year of driving around the country, he paid off all his loans and published a story about his experience on the Esquire Magazine website.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Robert chose to become a long-haul trucker.
- How Robert got his story published in Esquire.
- The unexpected opportunities that have come Robert's way since the Esquire article was published.
- A hilariously disgusting story about life on the road that didn't make it into the article.
- Women in the trucking industry.
- Why Robert doesn't believe in making plans.
You can find Robert on Twitter: @RobLangellier and on Esquire, where he published a second story about the recent protests about race at the University of Missouri.