The Postgrad Podcast
Episode 1 - Chasing Broadway (with Jenna Payne)
Jenna Payne is a Chicago-based singer, actress and performer. She's currently rehearsing for a children's production of the musical, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, at Northbrook Theatre in Northbrook, Illinois. She's previously been seen in Beehive: The 60s Musical, at William Street Rep in Crystal Lake, Illinois; the Neil Simon play, Rumors, at the BrightSide Theatre in Naperville, Illinois; and the musical, Big Fish, at the JPAC Theatre in Cicero, Illinois.
Jenna graduated from Carthage College in May 2014 with degrees in theatre and music theatre. She's been one of my closest friends since we met in middle school.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Jenna is pursuing her dream of becoming a Broadway performer.
- Jenna's temporary gig dressing up as Disney princesses for little girls' birthday parties.
- Why Jenna doesn't believe in having "a back-up plan."
- Jenna's audition rituals, dream roles and favorite shows.
- Jenna's tips for other performers pursuing a similar dream.