Reality Checking the Metaverse
Guest: Enza Iannopollo
The metaverse is already here. Companies like Meta, Alphabet, Apple, Microsoft, Nike, Nvidia, Epic Games and even SK Telecom have invested heavily. Thus far, even with 400 million users, the metaverse is still in its infancy. The 3-D virtual places are run by different companies with little interoperability in terms of devices or operating systems; there are no persistent identity and property rights. Would we expect more of the same? Join us for a conversation with Enza Iannopollo, Principal Analyst at Forrester for a conversation on the key challenges to solve to deliver the full promise of the metaverse.
- Snow Crash, Novel by Neal Stephenson
- Meta CEO Zuckerberg predicts the metaverse will be mainstream in 5-10 years
- Creators in the Creator Economy- Adobe
- The Smithsonian Institution’s augmented reality
- Mark in the metaverse
- A plot of virtual land that went or $4.3M the Sandbox is the most expensive metaverse property sale ever
- Investors are paying millions for virtual land in the metaverse
Hosted by: Alexa Raad and Leslie Daigle.
The views and opinions expressed in this program are our own and may not reflect the views or positions of our employers.