[EP 107] Trademark – don’t just set and forget
Download AudioSubscribe on Apple PodcastsSubscribe on Google Podcasts
As we approach the end of the financial year, and as you're booking in your planning sessions for the coming year, you do not want to forget one of the most important items - your brand protection. Today we will discuss the importance of regular trade mark reviews. We have onboard Aspect Legal’s very own trade mark expert, Grace Yi to enlighten us with why you need to regularly review and maintain trade marks, when to do this and the steps to achieve this.
* Speak to a lawyer about an issue you are facing now
* Leave us a message with a legal issue that you want us to cover on the podcast
* Why are we talking about this?
* Brand protection needs to be reviewed regularly
* The risks and issues when you skip your trade mark review
* Why should you make sure your trade mark registrations are active?
* Examples of issues that might arise when you forget to review your trade marks
* When is the best time to review your trade mark protection?
* Always remember that this is an area of changing law
* What do you need to do?
* Top tips to take away
In this episode, we talk to Aspect Legal’s very own trade mark expert Grace Yi about the importance of regular trade mark reviews. Grace, along with our host Joanna Oakey, dive into trade marks and why you should never just set-and-forget.
At the beginning of their discussion, they talk about how it is important to continually and periodically turn your attention to your business and consider your trade mark protection because things change over time, and you might end up with gaps that you’re unaware of. After that, the discussion turns to when to consider a review, Grace and Joanna give examples of when it may be the best time to consider trade mark protection for your business. Grace also shares some simple and practical steps for you to properly maintain your business’ trade mark protection.
Connect with Grace Yi
* Book in a complimentary chat with Grace
[EP 055] The Ins and Outs of the Trade Mark Process
[EP 048] How To Create Branding That Can Be Protected
[EP 025] Common Mistakes People Make in the area of Trademarks
[EP 091] Managing Your TM Portfolio
[EP 072] Big Pac versus Big Mac: How close is too close in trade marks?