Guiding the Visually Impaired: A Journey of Inclusion in Triathlons and Ironmans with Caroline Gaynor (Ep. 128)
People with disabilities may face challenges when engaging in everyday activities. However, participating in competitive sports can be even more daunting for them.
What can we do to provide them with the necessary support?
Join us in this release as Larry Heller, CFP®, CDFA®, sits down with Caroline Gaynor, Vice President, Relationship Director & Investment Specialist at Avantis Investors.
During this conversation, Caroline discusses her journey of guiding visually disabled athletes in high-intensity and competitive sports such as triathlons and Ironmans. She shares insights on how she became involved in this field and some of her most remarkable experiences. Furthermore, Caroline provides suggestions on how we can support para-athletes.
- How visually impaired athletes can participate with modifications in sports such as triathlons
- Her most eye-opening experiences while guiding in triathlons and Ironmans
- The hardest part of helping others in high intensive sports
- Ways you help para-athletes and where you can volunteer
- And more!
Connect with Caroline Gaynor:
Connect with Larry Heller:
- (631) 248-3600
- Schedule a 20-Minute Call
- Heller Wealth Management
- LinkedIn: Larry Heller, CFP®, CPA
- YouTube: Life Unlimited with Larry Heller, CFP®
About Our Guest:
Caroline Gaynor has a day job working as a regional director for a large asset manager. Outside of her job, Caroline works hard at something that isn’t a job but is more than a hobby: guiding visually-impaired triathletes. A triathlete since her college years, Caroline got into guiding by chance in 2008 and was hooked.