Mastering Divorce: Protecting Your Assets and Future with Lisa Zeiderman (Ep.134)
In today’s episode, Lisa Zeiderman, Esq., CDFA®, CFL, and Managing Partner at Miller Zeiderman LLP, sheds light on the complexities and processes of divorce, particularly when it occurs later in life. This episode offers essential guidance to effectively navigate the challenges that may arise when dealing with shared assets and liabilities, the emotional strain of divorce, or intricate matters related to business ownership and tax implications.
Listen as Larry Heller, CFP®, CDFA®, and Lisa share valuable insights on critical questions to ask when searching for a divorce attorney. They also discuss why divorce proceedings can differ when you own a business and delve into other significant issues, such as imputation of income, division of assets and liabilities, and maintenance laws.
Throughout this episode, you will gain useful insight surrounding divorce including:
- Who to seek for help when dealing with assets, liabilities, and equitable distribution.
- The emotional toll that divorce can have on your physical and mental well-being.
- Tax implications surrounding the sale of the matrimonial home.
- Considerations to keep in mind when divorcing with children, especially concerning custody arrangements.
- How to address separate property claims, such as inherited assets or pre-marital property.
Connect with Lisa Zeiderman:
Connect with Larry Heller:
- (631) 248-3600
- Schedule a 20-Minute Call
- Heller Wealth Management
- LinkedIn: Larry Heller, CFP®, CPA
- YouTube: Life Unlimited with Larry Heller, CFP®
About Our Guest:
Lisa Ziderman is a highly respected managing partner at Miller Ziderman LLP in New York. As a matrimonial attorney, CFL and certified divorce financial analyst, she specializes in complex financial and custody divorce cases for high net-worth individuals with multiple prestigious awards and memberships, including being named a notable woman attorney.
And a notable diverse lawyer by Cranes, New York. Lisa is a trusted expert in her field. She has been featured in renowned publications like Psychology Today and Financial Advisor Magazine.