The Gray Divorce Phenomenon: Redefining Your Life and Retirement with Andrew Hatherley (Ep. 133)
Today’s guest, Andrew Hatherley, CDFA®, CRPC® is the founder and CEO of Wiser Divorce Solutions, LLC and Transcend Retirement, LLC. After going through a divorce at 52, Andrew realized that there was a niche that wasn’t fully being attended to; people who are divorcing later in life.
In this episode, Larry Heller, CFP®, CDFA® gets candid with Andrew as they share their similar experiences of getting divorced after 50, how their practices (on either side of the US) help clients navigate their divorce, and why “gray divorce” is a growing phenomenon.
Listen as they list some of the things they wish they had known during their separations, as well as what their clients are experiencing as gray divorcees. Gain valuable insight into the importance of being knowledgeable in divorce proceedings and your options, how best to plan your financials, and why adapting your mindset is so beneficial to live your life with purpose and fulfillment.
Larry and Andrew discuss:
- The special concerns of someone getting divorced later in life including how it impacts retirement
- Why it’s important to work with trusted professionals like attorneys, therapists, and financial advisors
- The emotional and psychological components involved and how you can better cope
- How to rebuild your life and approach retirement with a positive mindset
- And more
- Financial Planning After Divorce
- The Gray Divorce Podcast
- Unveiling the Emotional Side of Money: Insights from Christine Luken (Ep. 131)
- Wiser Divorce Workshop
- The New Retirementality by Mitch Anthony
- Amicable Divorce Network
Connect with Andrew Hatherley:
Connect with Larry Heller:
- (631) 248-3600
- Schedule a 20-Minute Call
- Heller Wealth Management
- LinkedIn: Larry Heller, CFP®, CPA
- YouTube: Life Unlimited with Larry Heller, CFP®
- (631) 248-3600