Opioid Epidemic: Looking to the Future, Part 2
What did you learn from this episode? Complete our short survey to let us know! Participants will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card and some Poison Control swag.
Blue Dot Sessions - Heartland Flyer
Blue Dot Sessions - Denzel Sprak
Alan Piljak - Stars above
Blue Dot Sessions - LaBranche
Scott Holmes - So Happy
Blue Dot Sessions - An Oddly Formal Dance
Blue Dot Sessions - In Paler Skies
Blue Dot Sessions - Surly Bonds
Summary: This two-part episode will address the process of receiving pain treatment, addiction risk factors and treatment options, and mental health.
1. NYSAG Files Comprehensive Lawsuit Against Multiple Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors of Opioid Drugs: https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/oag_opioid_lawsuit.pdf
2. Automated Reports and Consolidated Ordering System (ARCOS): https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/arcos/retail_drug_summary/
3. HelpGuide: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/addictions/substance-abuse-and-mental-health.htm
4. Opioids: The Crisis Next Door: https://www.crisisnextdoor.gov/
5. Principles of Substance Abuse Prevention for Early Childhood: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-substance-abuse-prevention-early-childhood/table-contents
6. Preventing Teen or Young Adult Drug Use: How to Talk With Your Child: https://drugfree.org/article/how-to-talk-with-your-teen/
7. International Overdose Awareness Day: https://www.overdoseday.com/
Dual Recovery Anonymous
Women for Sobriety
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Veteran's Crisis Line
SAMHSA's National Helpline
Buprenorphine Practitioner & Treatment Program Locator
Find information on locating practitioners and treatment programs authorized to treat opioids, such as heroin or prescription pain relievers, at https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/practitioner-program-data/treatment-practitioner-locator?field_bup_physician_us_state_value=DC
Early Serious Mental Illness Treatment Locator
Find treatment programs in your state that treat recent onset of serious mental illnesses such as psychosis, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, and other conditions at www.samhsa.gov/esmi-treatment-locator.
Opioid Treatment Program Directory
Find treatment programs in your state that treat addiction and dependence on opioids, such as heroin or prescription pain relievers, at dpt2.samhsa.gov/treatment/.
Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
Find alcohol, drug, or mental health treatment facilities and programs around the country at findtreatment.samhsa.gov.